Air

Reaction score
Hi
I would like to know is there anny good in putting air stones under my LR my local LFS adviced me to do that and connect them do a stong air pump.:p

No, not good at all, you will find sponges and similar hitchers that will suffer, even fish can get bubble disease by ingesting air bubbles, the air will also build up in the rock preventing the bacteria from growing/using all the live rok.

Hi
I would like to know is there anny good in putting air stones under my LR my local LFS adviced me to do that and connect them do a stong air pump.:p

I reckon from a detritus removal oint of view it not a bad idea, but man it going to look cheezy, almost like couloured marble and a diver in the bottom.

Oh and a toy shipwreck:p

No!! A shark wif moving jaws!
Use a seio behind the rocks for water movement, if you want to oxygenate the water rather get surface movement of the top of the tanks water.

No!! A shark wif moving jaws!
Use a seio behind the rocks for water movement, if you want to oxygenate the water rather get surface movement of the top of the tanks water.

:lol: :lol: how many other trop tank air stones can we come up with?, i saw a crocodile one recently, and of course the sunken treasure chest.:thumbup:

My granny got me a whale!

Maybe, it is a salt water creature.:(
Just joking it collecting dust:thumbup:

No, do not put an airstone in your tank unless it is an emergency when there is no power, air bubbles are not welcome and not needed in a tank with corals and fish.

my local LFS adviced me to do that

That figures...:p

I would like to know is there any good in putting air stones under my LR

Good on you for checking here first:thumbup:

As other posters have already said, NO - don't.

Apart from looking bad, it will cause lots and lots of salt creep over time - this is a build up of salt crystals that grow with time, and could cause all sorts of problems, like burning your corals, or introduce pollutants, or upset the salinity if a piece breaks off and falls back into the tank.

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom