Air Con Problems

Shaun

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about air cons. My problem looks to be to do with the outside fan. It has not been spinning as fast as it did and is causing the system to over heat and then shut down. The motor of the fan is getting very hot, I tested the capacitor for the motor and it is faulty so it has to be replaced but is the cap causing the motor to over heat or is the motor the cause of the cap to fail. The fan spins freely and still turns in the wind, so I don't think the bearings causing the motor to over heat.

Any ideas.

sheesh, i was wondering ''who is this shaun oke, i wasnt aware of him being made a mod. When did this happen? and he's got Thalions bunny?'' Good thing i figured it out pretty quick before saying something like welcometomasa :whistling:

Now onto your fan. If your fan is turning freely and still turns the coil inside the motor should be good, if its not spinning fast enough then mayb there is a power supply issue? as in its not getting enough power? Capacitor is there to smooth the power given to it so maybe the capacitor being damaged is causing this as you said. I'm no electrician but i think if you replaced the capacitor it might work properly. but then again it might not. Did something happen before it stopped working like a power outage etc or has it been a while since you used it and it may have been damaged for a while?

When last did you service the aircon?

Back
Top Bottom