Aiptasia X

Reaction score
Very cool product and it works :)

AiptasiaVideoBanner.jpg

RedSeaFish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3DZYdAD2Y

I.ve been using it for a while now, it kills em good, but they always seem to regenerate . . .

yeah same with me. tried EVERYTHING! my copperband is eating the small ones (I only know this because there haven't been any new ones since introducing him), but the bigger ones he isn't interested in. aiptasia x seems to klap them for a while but they always come back after a while. so for me, its more about managing the problem than completely eliminating it, which I don't mind :)

Pool acid through an insulin syringe. Sends them and their tissue to bubble and foam. And they don't dare come back for seconds.

Pool acid through an insulin syringe. Sends them and their tissue to bubble and foam. And they don't dare come back for seconds.

Pool acid...Dude, I don't know....sjoe
What will the pool acid do to the rest of the tank?

But I must say - I'm VERY desperate....
I have +- 30-40kg of rock that I'm going to put in the sun to dry out - killing everything - including the thousands and thousands and thousands (ok you get the picture) of aptiasia...
With that I have two DSB's infested with these little bastards - I'm even going to dry that out, wash the sand, and start from fresh....

BUT - if the pool acid really work, and it doesn't have any ill effects then - i'll give it a bash?
Do you first remove the rocks and then nuke them with the acid, or are you doing it in tank (I don't feel safe doing it this way)....

I have used pool acid in the past, but it makes the Aiptasia "spawn" and pop up everywhere.

I have found that for X to be effective you have to make sure the entire anemone is covered including tentacles, basically don't be shy.

Also leave your pumps off for at least half and hour.

I have eliminated a population of at least 200 units, using two bottles of X.

Only a couple of "hard to reach" anemones have re-spawned.

I am well impressed with this product and I have tried all of them :)

Ya please give us dosage procedures etc.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Aiptasia-X consists of natural components which form a uniquely thick, adhesive material. Instead of causing the Aiptasia to feel threatened, the unique formula is sensed as food stimulating the anemone to expand and ingest the material. The adhesive form of the treatment makes both the application of the material easy as well as sealing the anemone’s mouth preventing any release of planula. Within minutes of applying the material the Aiptasia will implode, eradicating both the anemone and its planula."

[/FONT]
[/FONT]Making sure the entire creature is covered in X, makes them go away. The product is supplied with an application syringe and very easy to use, easier than the Joe's product or a needle

I used it yesterday and Im happy so far and it also works well with majano. I like the thick needles given and that one is bent for those hard to reach buggers. I also used it to cut back my xenia that are growing to near my SPS's. I cut the xenia and zap the stump with the Aiptasia X. It looks like they're dying. I must be the only person in the world wanting to get rid of xenia but it's getting out of control.

Just remember to turn of your powerheads so the stuff sits on the aiptasia for about twenty minutes

Oddly enough I was at the shop this morning and couldn't decide between Aptasia X and Joes Juice. Has anybody tried both and found a preference?

Me personaly will go for Aiptasia X !
Only had to use it 2 times but it works realy good ! ;)
The first time I had a LOT Aiptasia in my DT and after I've zapped them with X they were gone ! After a looong time there were about four again in my tank ! So I zapped them again ! Now they're gone ! :thumbup:
You will always have some in your tank because they come with live rock and corals etc .
With Aiptasia X you will forget about them ! :yeahdude:

I've found joes juice to be more expensive, the syringe needle attachement always clogs up and it looks like very expensive kalk slurry to me. The times I used it for majano, they always came back

Ok - I've closed my eyes yesterday and bought a bottle of X. (a bit on the expensive side, but if it's going to work - then I'll consider it money well spend).
One question - this stuff can kill other corals when it comes in contact with it, right?
So, first we switch of all flow in the tank, nuke the intruders, wait 30 minutes or so and then switch the pumps back on...

BUT when we switch the pumps back on the Aptasia X will be blown all over the place...
Won't this have an ill affect on my nemmies, who might catch the particles thinking it's food?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Aiptasia-X consists of natural components which form a uniquely thick, adhesive material. Instead of causing the Aiptasia to feel threatened, the unique formula is sensed as food stimulating the anemone to expand and ingest the material. The adhesive form of the treatment makes both the application of the material easy as well as sealing the anemone’s mouth preventing any release of planula. Within minutes of applying the material the Aiptasia will implode, eradicating both the anemone and its planula."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

What about the rest of the filter feeders in the tank?

BUT when we switch the pumps back on the Aptasia X will be blown all over the place...
Won't this have an ill affect on my nemmies, who might catch the particles thinking it's food?

What about the rest of the filter feeders in the tank?

I haven't found any ill effects for any of the Tank inmates.

It really needs to be in "large" amounts to cause problems, when it is blown around I reckon it is just too diluted to cause any harm.

I have used it on Aiptasia that was growing in a large Zoa colony, with no damage to the coral.

I've found joes juice to be more expensive, the syringe needle attachement always clogs up and it looks like very expensive kalk slurry to me. The times I used it for majano, they always came back

Ditto Tony !
I've used a lot Aiptasia X in my DT with no ill effects to the inmates ! Even some of the fish were eating some of the "burned out" Aiptasia !

I used it last night and it works like a bomb. I must say that it also looks like expensive kalk slurry though. The nice thing though is the thick needles which don't clog up. Once the aptasia X is finished, I'll try using those needles with normal calcium hydroxide to see if the results are the same.

Back
Top Bottom