Aiptasia Wanted Urgently !!!!!

Warr, just jab the ones you have and they release spores as a defence mechanism, well in your case just smile at them a bit, that should do it.;)

Warr, just jab the ones you have and they release spores as a defence mechanism, well in your case just smile at them a bit, that should do it.;)

Dude I have lost every single one in my tank and I have a Copperband begging for more.

Dude I have lost every single one in my tank and I have a Copperband begging for more.

Damn, have you tried you lfs? most have a few, get a couple of small rocks in a qt tank and poke them about abit, they will soon spread then keep rotating rocks

Damn, have you tried you lfs? most have a few, get a couple of small rocks in a qt tank and poke them about abit, they will soon spread then keep rotating rocks

So the poking will make them re-produce or split?

Rotating, what does that do ?

So the poking will make them re-produce or split?

Rotating, what does that do ?

The poking makes them release spores, a kind of safety mechanism i suppose.

And rotate the rocks between tanks when the aips have grown on the one rock, swap it for a rock in your display tank, and vice versa

The poking makes them release spores, a kind of safety mechanism i suppose.

And rotate the rocks between tanks when the aips have grown on the one rock, swap it for a rock in your display tank, and vice versa

Ok, I actually thought I must rotate the rock in the QT, around and around :lol:

Any specific water parameters for the QT ?

WHAT - aptaisia even lives in 1.000 SG/salinity levels! I have had aptaisia grow in a small tank with 2cm of sea-water left in the tank, where the SG is probably 1.040 by now (it has been standing there like this for the past 6 months already).....
So - ANYTHING will do for aptaisia...

Ok, I actually thought I must rotate the rock in the QT, around and around :lol:

Any specific water parameters for the QT ?

Warren my friend, there are somethings in life you don't publically admit, that was one of them:whistling:

the irony of warr asking for aptasia is NOT lost on me.

laughing my head off here.

oh and warren, buddy, perhaps your memory will serve that some frag out farms in orange grove have a few for you.

and jaques warr is looking after my tank while I am on extended leave in this cold drag grey winter cape town....i am fairly sure my tanks cleaned of aptasia by now.....IF NOt warr, drop that copper band in there for me:)

Hi Crispin! You still here in Cape Town! I am so sorry that we never got to meet up! I believe that you were with Rod v/d Vliet at Wayne's shop last Saturday? I was there too - if only I had known.... I only saw the posts on Monday.... I am going to Puppy's house tomorrow evening at around 8pm - if you want, I can ask him if it would be ok for him that you join in? He lives in Wynberg - a LOT closer to you than Table View area..... Then we can have a chat?

that would be great:) I admit i skipped out waynes shop early as i wanted to watch the sharks game.....and then wished I hadnt bothered. But yes still in cpt not sure where I will stay tonight might have to booty call an ex!:) but tomorrow sounds good, if i can find a crib to lay my head in..... i'll give you a call:)

Better idea - rent out your CBB - I'll book a 2-month stint ASAP. Promise the fish will be fatter and bigger after he's been through all my aiptasia :)

Better idea - rent out your CBB - I'll book a 2-month stint ASAP. Promise the fish will be fatter and bigger after he's been through all my aiptasia :)

I like that idea, I reckon he needs a visit to the orange grove frag farm. Hint, hint - Midasblenny

Hennie, if you can catch the copperband in my display, I can rent him out. He cleaned it out in about 2 weeks. He is unfortunatley also the only one of the 3 that we landed, that survived

Back
Top Bottom