Aiptasia Eating CBB wanted...

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Jaco Schoeman, 3 Nov 2010.

1. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman MASA Contributor

Hi guys...

I have a bit of a funny request...

I am looking for the services of an aiptasia eating CBB... I have this nice zoa that was a huge colony... Then, a few illegal aiptasia immegrants started squating around them... :(

The photo below is how the colony used to look - this colony has now been reduced to 15 polyps that are still opening on one end of the rock, and about 8 polyps on the other side of the rocks that aren't even opening.

[​IMG]

Now, Joe's Juice is not an option, as they aiptasia is so close to the zoa's, that the zoa's will also consume the Joe's - that would kill them...

So, hence the request for a CBB...

Now we can do this in one of two ways:

1) I "lend" you the rock with the zoa's on, and let the CBB do it's worst... Once it is clean, I can have it back...

or

2) You can buy the rock with from me for R150, and once sorted out it is yours to keep...

I have many other zoa's and this colony is just a waste to be left dying like this...

Lemme know please!!!!

PS: The colony is in fact not this orange anymore, but a blood red colour - so it is healthy, but the aiptasia is getting the upperhand now...;)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

awesome zoas!

What about Aptaisia X? I have used it on aptasia growing in my zoas before. I used a tiny hypodermic needle to make sure i didnt get any on the zoas. Took forever, but it worked and i didnt loose any zoas.

Ive also heard that the longnose butterfly (Forcipiger flavissimus) works well at removing aptasia. HAs anyone had any experience with this?

4. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman Thread Starter MASA Contributor

Thanks David... Will maybe look into Aip X... But I must admit I am scared using it so close to other corals... I know butterfly's are like Chuck Norris with a sniper rifle... If Chuck Norris shot JFK, he would have done it from Canada without anyone finding him...

5. maj

maj

would be sad to lose such a nice colony....sure someone has an aiptasia eating fish

6. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

cant you take the surving poyps off the rock and leave the aptasia behind?

7. mnd123

mnd123

I have nuked Aips in zoas before with no ill effects....

8. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

I have 2 Peppermint shrimp that eat Aiptasia. I know this because I used to have loads of Aiptasia, then I added the shrimp. After about a week, they had cleaned all the little bastards away! The only place where there is still a few is in the overflow and one or 2 in my sump.

9. rakabos

rakabos

Jaco...

I will take the colony for R150, i have 3 peppermint shrimps which can sort it out. My tank has been Aips free for the last 2 weeks now, since i put them in.

10. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman Thread Starter MASA Contributor

Sorry gents, another reefer came and snatched the rock from me yesterday. Good news is, that if you want that color morph, I might have some soon again. ;)

Recent Posts