Ahoy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Waterman, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Waterman

Waterman

Greetings,

Just saying hi to everyone here. I’ve had tanks for many years (never salt water) and have been out of it for some time now, but have decided to get back into it. I’ve been browsing the forums a lot and the posts have been extremely useful – thank you.

Currently I’m designing a tank and what not and will post some questions soon, I’m sure. I’m actually not planning on doing a saltwater tank (I know, I know :blush:) but will ask for input on sumps, overflows etc. from you guys (and ladies). Also planning on using C02 as the aquarium will be heavily planted. Current design leaves me with a 630 litre display tank.

- Waterman :biggrin:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

:welcometomasa2:to MASA...:1:

4. crispin

crispin

welcome to MARINE ASA :)

sounds like that will be a nice tank and very often the equipment we use in salt water has great advantage to planted tanks, certainly some of the lights and controllers (have a look at some of the equipment from vertex at the moment) would have great application to you.

there are some excelent threads here on overflow deseign, and sump deseign have a good read through them as they will help you alot.

A word of advice though, build this tank as IF it were going marine, so that in June when you are bored of Tetras you can swap over to tangs:)

5. Waterman

Waterman Thread Starter

Thanks! :) :peroni:

Will do so. Haha, you might be right. But my money is vanishing rather quickly these days so I reckoned the fresh water will be cheaper to run, and maintain. I'd probably not be happy enough with just a trigger floating around and the coral etc. way seems costly..

Got my stand sorted, see below. Less than 0.2mm displacement for a overly safe load applied. It's not a full on finite element analysis program but it can do structures like this no worries. More to follow when I ask questions, but I'll start up a new thread in the proper location :p

[​IMG]

Recent Posts