Aggression levels at night

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by mytank, 23 Jan 2012.

1. mytank

mytank

I have noticed in my new tank the fish are all cool mostly the tangs during the day, the occasional chase around the tank and show of fins but in general they swimming together. What I noticed is as the lights are in sun set mode and the tank is going into evening the aggression levels raise a lot, ESP the tangs chase each other around protecting their holes that they sleep in.

Then sun rise and the entire day they swimming around eating nori together and grazing.

Is it pretty normal?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tremayn

Tremayn

Yeah I hear they fight over the nice spots to sleep. You could make more caves for them

4. toppdogg

toppdogg

i used to have the same thing in one of other tanks
    when it gets to sunset did chase for a couple of weeks but then settled
    once they had there holes
    it should get better just my experince
    good luck

5. Helga

Helga

I am sure it is normal behaviour. My tank comes to life just before the lights fades to nightlights. Even the Anthias and Chromis do their power struggles. Actually every fish in my tank gets into the action of claiming their sleeping spot. The Hawkfish does laps round the tank at lightning speed:D.
    I also noticed the fish see themself in the glass when the room gets darker. The tangs swim up and down against the glass with raised fins. Its like a mirror.:biggrin:

6. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

They have pleeeeenty holes and each of the, have found their holes they go back to, but they always chance each others holes ;) I bought a box of Texan bone rock super porous to build two tall islands going to use egg crate to create flooring and divides, in the "mountain islands".

7. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

Thanks guys, the only chilled fish is my massive male anthis I call him pimp all the females swarm around him. the tangs are nuts they swim laps constantly around the tank. My clowns are still hiding behind the flow pump even though there is plenty for them to host in ;)

Recent Posts