Aggresive Scopas tang

Reaction score
Hi all. I need some help. I had a scopas tang in my main aquarium but he killed about all my other tangs. I relocated him to a smaller aquarium which had no tangs in it. I did put new tangs in the main tank and all is well. Can i now attempt to put the scopas back or is his aggressive streak going to continue? The scopas has been in the smaller aquarium for about 3 months now.

I have the same problem I got a medium size scopas tang in my tank,I wanted to get a yellow tang and a regal tang but they said the scopas going to fight with them so what now?

Hi Taahir. The big tank is a 600L tank. I have a regal, blond naso, tenneti, sailfin tang and a yellow tang.

You already got 5 tangs in the 600L.

What are their sizes? From the biggest to the smallest? Where in this line will the scopa fit in?

I would be very wary of having so many tangs in 600 litres as they need swimming space to not stress out....stress causes fighting over territory and enough stress leads to possible parasitic infection etc...having said that, the biggest risk factors would be with the fellow Zebrasoma species i.e. Yellow and Sailfin tang when it comes to the Scopa (Similar Body Shapes)....the others are Acanthurus so not as risky...

With respect I think you are already overstocked on tangs for your size tank. Four of the 5 you have get really big. I know they are addictive. Adding the scopas wil be a disaster in my opinion. They are aggressive and there will be a war with especially your yellow tang.

Scopa being the second largest will fight back his place in the order.

Back
Top Bottom