After 6 weeks we have stuff in the tank

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Fishwife, 17 Mar 2009.

1. Fishwife

Fishwife

Hi
    Thank you for al the advice and help, I eventually got some stock in my tank, and so far so good. ( One day) But I am very happy about everything in the tank,still need a lot of mushrooms, but I will stock slowly, see how things turn out first.

Not the best tank in the world" you live, you learn"
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. scubaninja

scubaninja

congrats on your first inmate. That is a pretty precarious position to place a powerhead:) any reasons for that? What are your readings?

4. Fishwife

Fishwife Thread Starter

Hi

The other powerhead decide to die on me today, so till tomorrow yhis will have to do, getting new ones.
    Readings
    PH -8.5
    Alk -( Normal) Red Sea test kit
    PO4 - 0
    NO 2 - 0
    NO3 -0
    Most of my water is from a mature tank, and I have been cycling and did water changes with new and mature water, and LR

5. scubaninja

scubaninja

Great to hear!! Tell us again what your plans for this tank are?

6. geoffrey

geoffrey

Neat, i like... get urself a blue/black backing, will make a major difference;)

7. chris

chris

Or if possible paint it black or blue

8. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Tank looks good so far - a wee bit more live rock..... and then soon some more corals!

9. Fishwife

Fishwife Thread Starter

Only Mushrooms, in the tank.( Although I think hubby is giving everything he wants to get rid of, in his tank to me, like Nemo, I actually do not want any fish in the tank) But I am not complaining. I still have a few Mushrooms in hubby's tank that I need to take out, but I will do that with time,( I bought them while my tank was cycling) But I love the mushrooms, and I am not exsperienced enough at this stage to put anything else in my ocean, and don't want creatures to die on me ( think it is a bit unfair towards them)

10. Fishwife

Fishwife Thread Starter

I have a sump as well, ( with lr) and at this stage I know I need mor LR, but hubby's tank did not have enough space for all my stuff. I will buy more, in the next few weeks. And no. no more corals, I am scared at this stage. Done a lot of reading, and I think it is best to stay with mushrooms, as I am a beginner( as I said in previous posts, " saw what went wrong" in hubby's tank), it is not a competition to see how many funny things we can keep in a tank, rather keep everything healthy". And I do want a nice mushroom tank, at this stage.

11. Fishwife

Fishwife Thread Starter

I went with a dark grey, no black when I went to the hardware shop, and I was pressed for time. Hopefully it will look better as it matures. Will do the next one in black, When I have money to start a new ocean....

12. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

I agree taken it slow...

13. Warr7207

Warr7207

If you only going keep mushrooms, you could start stocking now. They are the hardest of any coral and will flourish in most systems, even the neglected one.

PS; Give me a shout when you interested in some mushrooms, I have a couple of freebies ;)

And some really cool green stripes, purple/green ears and a couple of other variations, which I frag regularly.

14. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Looks very nice Fishwife, how about a full front shot with sump and lights included? And a pic of the sump on its own?

:wave2:

Recent Posts