Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Scorpio, 30 Sep 2014.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio

Hi Guys

New to the Marine Fish coming from Fresh water.
    Cycled my Tank for about 6 Weeks(setup from scratch) Added Fish and lost them all(1 Survived and a hermit crab and currently in tank) also have 3 zoas frags. Think i lost my fish due to a parasite as the water was perfect( salinity, alkalinity, ammonia, nitrates & nitrites). I did not quaratine any of my fish before adding them to my tank. What should i do before adding any new fish? Can I use the same water or do i have to start from scratch again?

Also whats the best way to introduce new fish into my tank?

Thanks in advance.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. the fish

the fish

always remember to drip them. also better to quarantine the fish for a a week or 2 in a different tank. also dont stock up to quickly. buy one or 2 fish at a time. the bioload was probably a bit of a shock to the system and caused the fish to stress and then die. rememeber, you need patience in this hobby. also if you can buy from a shop that first quarantine their fish before selling, that would be great. also ask them to feed the fish you wish to buy to check if they are eating well.

4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Did you test the water? How many fish did you add at once? Though you cycled your tank, remember that your tank will only have "X" amount of bacteria for the fish you add, you need to do things slowly. Use a bacterial additive when you add the fish, like Seachem's stability.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Thread Starter

I did test the water all the paramiters were correct. I was adding bectra 7, Think i added too many fish at a time. One thing that i have learnt is that i need to have patience. Can I just add fish into the system again or should i cycle the tank as is for a while before i add fish? I will definately will quarantine the fish and add one at a time. I notice my live rock is now becoming purple and red, is that a good sign?

Recent Posts