Advice please- buying livestock from an established tank

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've just started my first marine tank- been cycling it, and am ready to add some residents. I've got an opportunity to buy livestock from someone giving up their tank. They have 2 cardinals, 1 blue tang, 1 clown, 1 blue damsel, 1 sand goby, 2 fire shrimp and 1 skunk shrimp. They're currently in a TL 550. My tank is about 150L

I was a bit skeptical about whether these all get along. The damsel and tang have reputations for being aggressive. Current owner assures me all is fine.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Also...I know it's quite subjective, but do you think the cost asked is reasonable- R2000?

Thanks!

6 fish in a nano. eish.

Blue tang needs a much larger tank. Regal Tang?. Most likely its a baby now, but they do grow quick and will outgrow both tanks quickly. Cardinals and clowns all need smallish spaces, they are fine. Blue damsel could be ok, depending on species. Mostly they need about a soccer ball space as theirs. Sand goby, if it is a sand sifting might be not enough sand for him. Also depending on species. I will not take the blue tang. The skunk shrimp and damsel maybe, maybe not. The others should be OK

Go to a shop and get guide prices.

Back
Top Bottom