Advice on tank stand...

Discussion in 'Anything DIY Related' started by saaid, 1 Feb 2012.

1. saaid

saaid

Good day peoples,I need your advice/input on stand I need to be built for a 2200 x 700 x 700 tank. I'm hoping someone with a similar setup can help out. I wish to extend the stand up to 3m to stretch and fill the wall. Will be housing the rest of the goodies along with a external skimmer which is a DNW 200 I think.

Thanks ;)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Evo R

Evo R

Build it out of concrete.(if you want to fill a gap in the wall)
    With those dimensions the water alone weighs a ton.(litreally) and then you add all the other bits like glass weight and LR ect you are close to one and a half ton in weight! So be very sure about the structural strenght off the stand, because it will be very costly if the stand breaks!!!

And make sure the floor area were you want to place the tank can handel all that weight.

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

a concrete stand is a good suggestion if it is to be a permanant fixture and fairly easy to construct cheaply,

but a solid metal stand can also be done on a budget, but will require either galvanising or painting or both dependant on budget,

either of the 2 would probably be in the same region cost wise when all materials are taken into consideration, but i think a brick/ concrete stand would offer more resistance against wear...

5. saaid

saaid Thread Starter

Alright,thanks guys. Much appreciated...now to approach the wife:whistling:

Recent Posts