Advice on lighting hours

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Krappie, 20 Jan 2015.

1. Krappie

Krappie

Hallo everyone. I added a timer to my light and i was wondering for how many hours shoukd i let the ligjt be on during the day because im working a full day now. 6am to 6pm. Help please..
    I got a 90litre tank. 90cm lenght x 30cm width x 40cm deep. With fish and soft corals like elegance(which is not doing good:( ) and frogspawn, blastos, mushrooms(also not looking good:( ) and plenty zoas.

Thank you in advance! :)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arries

Arries

Hey quick note Elegance, Frogspawn and Blastos are not soft corals but LPS corals..Use to run my lights 10am-8pm and my corals did stunning..If your corals are unhappy maby your perimeters are out..Did you test them to check..If mushrooms are unhappy then there is def something wrong because they are very easy to keep and very forgiving.

dallasg likes this.
  4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

If you leave home very early, i would postpone my tank daylight.

My tank runs from 10 in the morning until 10 at night. Gives me more than enough time to enjoy the tank late in the afternoon and evenings, if I'm at home.

5. Krappie

Krappie Thread Starter

Mm okay.. could it be the globes thats going bad/old for the reason that corals are unhappy? Because my parameters is fine.

6. Qball_V1.0

Qball_V1.0

@Krappie
    Were the corals looking happy one day and then all of a sudden the next day not so great?
    Or has it been since you've added the timer (perhaps extending the hours of light)?
    How old are your globes? Normally when the light spectrum changes it takes a while, you wont notice any overnight changes.

With regards to parameters, what all have you tested?

If its an overnight change then maybe start looking at other avenues besides lighting. Perhaps a little stray voltage in the tank etc, you get the idea.

The more info you can provide the easier it makes it to come to a conclusion as to the cause of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts