advice on copperbands plse

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by David Chaikin, 18 Nov 2009.

1. David Chaikin

David Chaikin

Is it possible to keep 2 copperbands happily? Need an urgent answer plse coz a friend is removing his tonight coz it's nipping his anemones and he wants to deliver it to me. I already have one - will they fight?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

ie never seen more than one in a tank but i dont know the answer.

i was wondering which nenies your friends CBB is nipping, i assume its NOT glass annenomies?

4. David Chaikin

David Chaikin Thread Starter

I don't know what it's nipping - hubby over there now catching the C.Band and bringing it here. Whenever my friend is unhappy with a fish's behaviour he passes it onto me. Have not seen his new tank but heard it's spectacular - cost him over R250,000 and that was without the fish/corals/etc. David did all the wiring, etc, thus we 'inherited' his old tank - fish, water and all.
    I will take whatever he throws out, believe me, as long as I don't encounter a problem. If so, I will have to swop it for something else :)

5. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

:nono::nono::nono:
    you cant say something like that without promising some pics of this system ;)

6. David Chaikin

David Chaikin Thread Starter

LOL - pity u in Jhb Neil.... want to take him with us to the first ECoast meet we hoping to attend soon. He is a honey.. with too much money... he only feeds his fish... the LFS comes and sorts everything else once a week - for too much money. He is being totally ripped off as far as we are concerned.... especially in the equipment and rock department. The rock alone cost him R60,000 - CRAZY!:eek:
    Protein skimmer - R15,000 - good heavens - could have saved him more than half of that cost but he thinks the pro's know everything....

They saw him coming.. shame man! His tank is still quite new (we got the old one) but it seems it's already filling up nicely. I will make an attempt to go look/see and try take some pics (with my rubbish cellphone camera!) - just for u :)

Last edited: 18 Nov 2009
  7. crispin

crispin

andrew i think you need to call this guy :)

Barbs why not try get him to join masa, we can help and teach him lots even if its not about the handling of the tank, but as much about the live stock he has which will make his tank far more intresting and enjoyable for him:)

8. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

I've never seen more than one copperband in a tank, I have had a quick read through a book I have and it says to keep only one per tank.

9. crispin

crispin

ive just had a read and it says the same.

barbs i know you said the second CBB is in the main tank now and lights are off, but please watch very carefully tomorrow. The issue wont be between the tangs but most likely between the two CBB haveing a go at each other.

If it gets bad look at placing the second CBB in the sump and I am sure the durban reefers will know of a good tank he can go into

10. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

In the Coral magazine that Lanzo / Dorry Pets are selling, volume 6 number 1, there are two photo's with 2 Copperbands together, one pic, they are fighting, fins erect, and the other eating peacefully next to each other.

Also saw 2 weeks ago at LFS, he had 3 in one tank. Small, Medium and Large. Well the Medium was chasing the Small around. Then Small went to hide behind the Large. Until Medium finds him again. The Large and Small had no issues with each other.

If you are lucky, and you end up with a male and female. :thumbup:
    Then they always must have enough to eat, else the war will start.

Recent Posts