Advice needed on Aquaria AMW 102-what would you do?

Reading your post with interest - bought the same tank used , replaced the hood for 1500 only to realize could’ve bought a new one for less...then saw a zetlight on this forum for less than I paid for the hood ...so my inexperience and immaturity with marine will certainly bite me....

We’ve all been there, I couriered my first nano from Cape Town in 2008, cost me a lot more than I should have paid for it, but was so keen I couldn’t wait for a Jhb deal.

I just added a diy nitrate reactor.Starting it up in the morningWill be interesting to see over the next couple of weeks if it lowers nitrates

Reading your post with interest - bought the same tank used , replaced the hood for 1500 only to realize could’ve bought a new one for less...then saw a zetlight on this forum for less than I paid for the hood ...so my inexperience and immaturity with marine will certainly bite me....

Hi bud-thanks for the reply.Patience and research is key.......
Do not stress too much about what you spent-we all paid school fees.

So after the fans......

Temp is now sitting at 25 instead of 30 degrees celsius!!So I am very pleased.

Going to add a an STC 1000 to help control the temp.

@Baberbek - please give me the info and how the two were fitted.

Fairly easy.
Bought 2 x 12 Volt Fans ( plastic housing ) 80mmx80mm
1 x Power supply and connector.
2 x plastic fan covers.
8 black bolts ( and stainless steel/silver nuts)
Drilled/cut 2 holes with a holesaw.
Fit the fans and covers (by driliing 8 small holes )one blowing into the tank and one out of the tank,so creates flow of air over the water surface.

BTW this size fans fits perfectly without modifying anything else.
I am sure with you Zetlight you would have more space than I have.

Last edited:
78A953EF-C283-4DA6-A452-66C04646E57A.jpeg
D9DF792B-7028-4056-B124-823AFD1E8047.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom