• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Advice needed : Exporting from south africa into namibia.

Reaction score
Good day.

I am interested and intend to do a personal shipment of some livestock into Namibia for myself and a friend.
Can those sponsors who have exported to Namibia please help and give some advice on what is required from your part? (Documentation & procedure wise?)

I know that I require my personal import permit from our state vet. - Done and dusted!

However, what would be required for yourselves to export to me?

Thanks in advance for any help and support.

(Private messages are also welcome.)

:D

I know that Idol Marine did build a tank a while back for a customer in Namibia (maybe already 2 years ago?). Not sure if they ever sent him any fish or corals. Hardware should not be an issue.

Maybe phone them up and ask them.

Maby a starting point of some sort.
Apart from the invoice I can not think of anything else. Maby at the most an exporting permit...
Anyways, will contact them and try find out.

On one of the other forums there is a woman from namibie getting a tank from cpt. She went to her vet and ministry of fisheries and dont know what else and she got permits to do it

Yup. Got my import permit. It's on its way to a designated sponsor, however said sponsor has never exported and therefore unaware of all the requirents and documents to accompany the livestock shipment.

So I'm trying to help and trying to speed up the process.

The said sponsor :m12:
is trying to get hold of the state vet - hes on the rd allot and doesnt return calls.
i keep trying twice a day.

Dry stock is no issue , but the state vet must give health sertificates ect.

In progress....

Cheers
D

Back
Top Bottom