Adventurous Aquarist Guide™:The 101 Best Saltwater Fishes

Reaction score
41FVVCE88SL._SL160_OU01_SS160_.jpg

Source: TFH Publications » Fish & Pond » Saltwater » Adventurous Aquarist Guideâ„¢:The 101 Best Saltwater Fishes

I was sent this book as a gift. Looked a little small and thought it would be a waste of time.

I was happily surprised, what an interesting read :thumbup:

The author gives his top 101 fish for aquariums and the 30 worst.

Each fish is explained what it needs to thrive, tank size, aggression etc.

The book even gives ideal groups of fish for different tank volumes. this selection is divided into peaceful, moderately aggressive and the predator tanks.

The author emphasises planning your entire livestock population before even purchasing one fish, as every inmate has a different impact to the rest of the system and livestock.

If you reefers can find this book, awesome read and great info for those just starting to look at what livestock that want to acquire.

Keep that book next to the pc and use it ;)

Out of interest, what tank size does it give for a sailfin tang?

Keep that book next to the pc and use it ;)

Out of interest, what tank size does it give for a sailfin tang?

512L, But with almost no other Bigfish other than a Niger and Tusk.

And 512L is minimum.

He has a interesting section on growth lengths and captive sizes of species.

bummer. i have a sailfin in my tank.
my gf got it for me and for anyone who is interested it was at pet stop and it was moolis who said it would be fine in my system.
i got this fish and then had to find out about it.
what do you guys think i should do? my tank is 200L
hardly big enough for a sailfin!!

my gf got it for me and for anyone who is interested it was at pet stop and it was moolis who said it would be fine in my system.

Sailfins get huge, it will quickly out grow your tank.

hey dude......!!!!, don't say his name on forum...... , you will get a email from him:lol::lol:

did mr M tell you the sailfin is fine for your tank?

got my fare share of him, and i stopped supporting him.( i now go to exotics,...have you ever been there?)

hey warren, i have almost the same book, mine is allot older, i think yours is the new version(don't know what mine is called but its white withe a scuba angel on it)

boet when i found out the size of the tank needed to keep a sailfin i nearly did my nut! you must know, that oke is a snake! not going to be scared of voicing my opinion about him!

Please guys, no hints at the name, just pm any further info you have or we will have to delete.

hey dude......!!!!, don't say his name on forum...... , you will get a email from him:lol::lol:

did mr M tell you the sailfin is fine for your tank?

got my fare share of him, and i stopped supporting him.( i now go to exotics,...have you ever been there?)

Lanzo, send me thrir name - Pretoria's address, love to see their setup when I am up North again ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom