Admiral Bous's little kitchen tank

Reaction score
thought its about time to start a new thread on my little kitchen tank , 195lt been running for a couple of months now its pretty simple , 1.500 x 350 x350

20151220_080359.jpg
20151220_210857.jpg

What terrible corals - did you find them in a bin somewhere? #DuckAndCover :lol:

I'm always envious of the care and attention you give your tank bud - Always spotless, and evolving constantly - Kudos! Oh, and the new phone takes nice pics too :thumbup:

I see his tank from time to time and am ALWAYS blown away by the black substrate - especially what it does under his LEDs when taking photos - helps even out the exposure a lot...

if you look at the tank on the right of my signature you will see that one also has black so this is my second tank with black aragonite , i wasnt aware of any negatives regarding it , please inform me ? this is year 3 of using it and i have had zero issues with it , it looks super sexy specially under LED , it doesn't show dirt like white sand does , its coarse and heavy enough not to blow around and my tube nennies,sand sifters and star fish dont have any issues with it either

Thanks Puffer,

Most of the comments regarding black substrate related to aspects of cleanliness, some residual magnetism and the fact that the substrate is not true aragonite but a mixture of volcanic rock and aragonite. However, there are many different opinions out there. I think it looks great in your DT with LED lights, so I guess it's pretty much a case of personal preference.
Was just keen to get some feedback from reefers who have used/are using black substrate.

yeah i dont know much about any if that , i bought the caribsea live black it was pretty clean when i got it and so far so good

Back
Top Bottom