Adjusting pH

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Sorry for posting this here, I need help
My PH level is too high, I would like to know how do I solve this and what could be the cause of this as my Nitrates and Nitrite levels or spot on and my Alkaline levels are fine

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Sorry for posting this here, I need help
My PH level is too high, I would like to know how do I solve this and what could be the cause of this as my Nitrates and Nitrite levels or spot on and my Alkaline levels are fine
No worries dude what level is your ph, a good water change will help if its way to high but let us know the number.

Reaction score
In the 9's somewhere.......HELP...........I'm sure this is causing the white spot amoung other things.
Is there nothing I can add to the tank in the form of chemicals that will lower this and prevent it in the future.

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
As per Mekaeel above. Plus, what is your alkalinity currently? And what brand are your test kits?

But most definately do a biggish water change. What salt are you using or are you using NSW?

Reaction score
I am using NSW and the only additive we have put is was a treatement for white spot I think it's called U-Med.

Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty test kit to me. Take a sample of your water to your LFS to check before taking any drastic measures (although there is nothing wrong with doing a water change).

Is it a fish only setup or a reef that you have?

Clinton

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
IF you REALLY have to bring you pH down, Dalton. You can always try adding very small amounts of white vinegar at a time (vinegar = (form of) acetic acid).... That is if your water changes is not assisting in your relieving problem....

Reaction score
Sorry of topic dalton is that you in the avatar, if yes , you look familiar, are you in el or pe, you can also buy a product called ph down .

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry of topic dalton is that you in the avatar, if yes , you look familiar, are you in el or pe, you can also buy a product called ph down .

I was going to ask the same. He looks very familiar to me too. Maybe dalton is an actor?

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Fully agree with Clinton, sounds like a faulty test kit.

Reaction score
LOL @ Galibore

Listen dalton we having a get together soon you must join us reefer's for a drink will send you detial's closer to the time.