Additives

Reaction score
Hi guys...need some help. I have reef fusion 1 and 2 (sea hem) for dosing and I have liquid reef( britewell) From the instructions in the back they seem to do the same thing...any advise would be appreciated

Reaction score
Loose the brightwell. Its essentially super fine aragonite, with some added calcium IIRC.
It does not add back Ca and alk in a balanced ratio as used by calcifying organisms.
Rather stick with the two part by seachem, but first detrrmine you consumption rate and dose accordingly.
The only thing i would use the brightwell for would be to re-mineralize my top up RO water, but again, unless you test often and know how to adjust dosing accordingly, not recommended.
Using the brightwell product could very well cause false high readings in test kits, as the super fine arag is not fully dissolved in seawater, nor does it settle, but it will dissolve during ca or alk testing.
What the super fine arag is however hreat for, is as a settlement substrate for coralline.

Reaction score
:confused:
Hi guys...need some help. I have reef fusion 1 and 2 (sea hem) for dosing and I have liquid reef( britewell) From the instructions in the back they seem to do the same thing...any advise would be appreciated

Why do you need to, or want to, use any? :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom