Activated Carbon

Al

Reaction score
Hi Guy's

I bought the Filter bags and Activated Carbon. The question is.

How much do you put in your tank? My tank a the Boyu TL 550.:)

1/4-1/2 cup.what brand of carbon is it?

I can understand why Mekaeel asks what brand it is - I used carbon once without doing homework and all my corals closed and there were black powder everywhere in my tank and sump because the carbon broke up. Corals started to open again after I removed it. ;)

I can understand why Mekaeel asks what brand it is - I used carbon once without doing homework and all my corals closed and there were black powder everywhere in my tank and sump because the carbon broke up. Corals started to open again after I removed it. ;)

Did you rinse the carbon in RO water first?

Did you rinse the carbon in RO water first?

Yes I did, the ones I bought was very cheap, so maybe the quality wasn't that good.

It didn't say anything on the container, but maybe the ones I bought wasn't for marine use?

Thanks guy's for all the advice. Its Aqua Medic Carbon.

I did rinse the Activated carbon a few times in RO Water. The water of the soaked carbon was clear before i put it in.

Where's the best place to put it? Must i put in one of the chamber's where the Bio Balls and Ceramic Rings were stored?

Thanks guy's for all the advice. Its Aqua Medic Carbon.

I did rinse the Activated carbon a few times in RO Water. The water of the soaked carbon was clear before i put it in.

Where's the best place to put it? Must i put in one of the chamber's where the Bio Balls and Ceramic Rings were stored?

That would work well, just remember to bag it. I use a nylon stocking, and replace every 3-4 weeks.

Thanks Warr7207.

Its in a Filter bag. Will put it in of the chamber's tomorrow.:)

no wonder why you had issues with it.Marltons is meant for FW use

It doesn't say anything on the container, which brand of carbon would you recommend??

Back
Top Bottom