Acclimatization

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Galibore, 12 Jun 2007.

1. Galibore

Galibore Retired Moderator

Maybe we could describe the different methods of acclimatization of new livestock that we all use respectively. It would be interesting.

Here is what I do:

Float the bag for about 15 minutes. Then after that, while still floating the bag, I add 1 tot glass of tank water to the bag every 10 minutes. Depending on the water volume in the bag, I do this for about an hour. When I've added my 6th or 7th tot, I cut a small 1mm - 2mm hole in the bag to let the water start to "equalize". After another hour, I place the coral. In the case of fish, I do the same.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. psycho

psycho

I drip my fish & corals for about 40min to an hour, slowly increasing the water,

and with shrimps I drip them for 2 - 3 Hours slowly increasing the water.

4. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

in my case i allow my bag to float for around 10-15 minutes then drip my fish in,when it comes to wrasses i do it over 30minutes,stuff like surgeons/tangs i drip them for about an hour.

5. SIMS

SIMS

For all livestock I float the bag for 10mins and then drip for 1-2 hours....

6. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

i beleive that the longer the drip the less stressed out the fish will be as it is use to the new water parameters.but lotsa people aslo disagree,and say the longer the more stress???

Recent Posts