Acanthastrea Echinata - Does anyone have these ?

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Do any of you currently have this coral , and is the care for this specific species more difficult/different to general Acan care ?

(Acanthastrea Echinata)

rainbowsherbetthumb.jpg

And more importantly ..... Any ideas where I could find one ? :p

I have a this acan...not big about 6 heads...are they heads not sure what u call sections of an Acan. Also called a Rainbow Acan if I am not mistaken. Not sure about its care from the other species...I have another colony not sure what species it is, but its different to the rainbow and its not a lord either, but it seems to be doing well, apparently most acans from what I have read need medium flow with medium lighting.

Where u can get one...well our LFS has one small frag left I reckon it will cost a lot but will find out for u when I go there this afternoon. Else there is a guy in Natal who sells frags of them quite regularly.

I have a this acan...not big about 6 heads...are they heads not sure what u call sections of an Acan. Also called a Rainbow Acan if I am not mistaken. Not sure about its care from the other species...I have another colony not sure what species it is, but its different to the rainbow and its not a lord either, but it seems to be doing well, apparently most acans from what I have read need medium flow with medium lighting.

Where u can get one...well our LFS has one small frag left I reckon it will cost a lot but will find out for u when I go there this afternoon. Else there is a guy in Natal who sells frags of them quite regularly.

Thanks Kunhardt,

Of course you know what my next question to you will be :

When you fragging your Acan colonies ? He he ;)

Thanks Kunhardt,

Of course you know what my next question to you will be :

When you fragging your Acan colonies ? He he ;)

The Acan is sold at the LFS, apparently the owner has some colonies at home he is growing for fragging so will keep u posted on that.

I actually fragged a small piece off of the big colony a little while ago, gave it to Grant (Prodigy) as far as I know its still alive :p

The Acan is sold at the LFS, apparently the owner has some colonies at home he is growing for fragging so will keep u posted on that.

I actually fragged a small piece off of the big colony a little while ago, gave it to Grant (Prodigy) as far as I know its still alive :p

Thanks bud !

Back
Top Bottom