About how long are they alive and kicking?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by chikaboo, 11 Jul 2010.

1. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hey all ... I'm thinking this not so much to corals but more fish and inverts in general .... Can we put together a list of creatures living in our tanks with their "average" life spans ... This needs to be more of a guide where one can refer to quickly and get some idea of a creature's life span maybe before buying it or have it dying in your care and not getting a shock knowing that it is reaching its end.... Guys this needs to be figures that you have done research on or personally experienced so as not to have misleading info ... For example like I heard shrimps have like an average 2 year lifespan or wrasses live for about .... years or maybe tangs live for ... years or a blue tail lobster for .... years .... Your'll get the idea ..... Try to be specific if you can and if possible if you've had tried a particular species more than once and had repeated life spans or members that can confirm their experiences with other members than we can conclude in an average aquarium where everything is running without major issues than you can enjoy "xxxxxxx" fish or invert for "xxxxxxx" years before it's time up.......

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jacojs

Jacojs

Good idea, I am definately tagging this one.

Jaco.

4. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Shame this thread put even the thread name to shame! .... What happened here????? It look like even this thread had a very short lifespan and is no longer alive and kicking!

5. FransSny

FransSny

LOL chicka. The problem I see with a thread like this is you dont know how old the fish is when you get it, secondly husbandry practices come into play

Recent Posts