Aandtsociety reef species collecting trip link (1)

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by pkc, 2 Feb 2009.

1. pkc

pkc

All our past collecting trips that the few we had pictures of have been shown now so what we will share from now on are current. This link that follows will be updated as we do our next trip and resubmitted with out the last trip pictures included.

On this trip last weekend we were joined by two new members wanting to learn how to collect as an extra benefit to there already enjoyable hobby.

Though they didn’t catch much as it takes a little time to get the hang of it, they didn’t mind because we share all of what we don’t want so they were very happy with there new additions to their reef tanks.

This time we had a video to play with, as you can see we need to get better with it, we will!

The water wasn’t very clear, we had 6 to 8 metres vis and a nice 26 degrees temp and saw heaps of life and the two new members loved it.

It was a case of point out the fish or invert to them and if they couldn’t get it on our directions, one of us would show them how, as we got it for them.
    Danny caught the first semi of the season and the first one for him as well.

Just remember we are new at the video side of it, so laugh at the shaky style of them quietly, ha ha.

I hope you enjoy them.
    Pictures by AandTpics - Photobucket

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Nice pics, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

4. pkc

pkc Thread Starter

thanks mate

Don't forget all,if ever any of your forums members are coming to our area,email us and we will direct you to some good spots to enloy the ocean here.:thumbup:

5. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

great stuff man...i wish i could dive...one day ill do my license :)

6. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Awesome PKC! Many thanks for sharing, once again. I cannot wait to get WET again. Going to our tropical sea's in April. Going to get to blow some bubbles underwater gain! WOOHOO!

7. pkc

pkc Thread Starter

Hi jacquesb.
    we mainly go snorkelling.

I have a lot of years of scuba diving under my belt, but we are not allowed to collect on tank in Queensland,so the club trips are based mainly on free diving(snorkelling).

I am going to take the video on a non collecting dive on tank and get some good short films soon and i will put that on as well.

It is so much more fun on the snorkelling trips as it reminds me of my youth when i started snorkelling in the 60s before i went on to tank and i still love to snorkel as you can get in and out with less gear on so it is far simpler and you can chase a fish much harder on snorkel and get some serious excercise.

Its lots of fun,anyone can do it,all of us have a ball,so would you and most others!
    :thumbup:

Recent Posts