aandtsociety reef aquarium species collecting trip

pkc

Reaction score
Hi all.
Another beautifull day out on the reef getting some nice species for our tanks.
Out of this lot i only kept a clown.
We gave the others to the other members and friends.
Two of us were trying to see who would get a latezanatus clown first and we didn't see any.
Next time!
The work involved getting these types is very intense,it's a case of bakwards and forwards from the bottom until you can get them into a good spot.
We have gotten far better than these species over the last 28 years or so of snorkelling,though the club has been doing this for over 60 years.
Once about 6 years ago we got 5 conspicillatus in one day,now they are very hard to catch,even when you find them in less than 20 feet of water like we did.
we only started taking pictures of what we get when we under stood our site,that was early this year.
we were extremely slow with the internet.
Anyway more fun in the big blue.
Firstly there are a couple of imperators a bispinosus,a file fish,a couple of akindynos and a longirostris.
We got couple of feather duster worms,as we always do and two huge very tasty crays, i didn't get pictures of them and we ate the crays that night.
Oh and some realy nice cauperpa,i kept that!
emperors--.gif

Image004.gif

Image002.gif

sr-1.gif

smooth-water--.gif

It was very calm on the way out and the depth where we snorkel is 6 to 45 feet and we had 15 metres clear vis and takes just under an hour to get there,depending on whos boat we go in..

aandtsociety trips

Thanks Mekaeel,we get some very nice stuff around here.
In about two months when the season is getting to it's best,there will be blue tangs,angelfish,etc,coming out of our ears out there,sought of!:)

That fish crispin,is a oxymonacanthus longirostris and they will nibble at the corals mucuss to balance it's diet,like a regal angel will,but not much if you have some variety of sponges and give it a little cunji regularly and some open crabs to chew on as well.
Four of the club members,including myself are on holidays and we went out to collect today.
we left the boat ramp at 5.15 am and got back at 11.30.
You know the films you see on the barrier reef,today was far better and very calm.

we got some beautiful things and extras for the clubbies that couldn't get time off.

we will have the pictures of our last three trips as soon as Danny has finished processing them on our phtotobucket site albums.

i get sea sick from time to time,especialy when sometimes we are out there in the water for up to five hours,i just to a kwell and not a prob.
:thumbup:

Very nice, you are a lucky fellow, we don't seem to get such beautiful fish off the British coast:(

Back
Top Bottom