A very black night:(

Reaction score
A black dayL

I traveled to east Londo9n on 1 time yesterday and as I was in meetings had phone off. When I turned it on I had a message from jacquesb asking if I could help rory, so I called and heard about his tank crashing. Send him Midasblennies number and headed for the airport. 4 hour (never on bloody time airline) delay and it was lateish when I got to jhb. I was tired (two 19 hour days this week has taken it out of me) and I really just wanted to head home and ask rory to bring what he wanted to host in my tanks to me. But I pushed through and went to help and its was terrible. Couldn’t see to the back of a 400 wide tankL yellow tang floating, sps colonies white as sculls etc. seriously sadL It took a while to load in and try find living things (hermits and stuff) and I headed home.

I walked into a black house. L tripped electricity, fish flat on the side, deaths all over. When big mike Tyson hits you in the solar plexus it would not have felt so bad. After 20 mins I got power on, recalculating water, skimmer going flat out and heaters on. I lost all my dwarf angels first, they were dead when I got there. I then managed to lift my tunze pump so it was sucking air and that got a little more oxygen in. Then I lifted each of my tangs slowly and gently into the current as if I was releasing a trout after a long battle with a fly rod. This all took ages and every 20mins the power went down. My longnosed hawk fought long and hard, holding the poor fella in the current gently and seeing him gulping the water over his gills was tough. Regrettably he didn’t last the night. L

After I had my fish holding themselves up in the current I started dripping corrals from rory. Huge monti colonies were snapped in transport, softies really looking sick, ricordia deflated to nothing. I was near;ly finshied when I bumped my chair which pulled the retutn pipe from my chiller out, hit the floor and soaked a plug socket. Power down. I had to isolate that off the board, knock on a neighbors door (2am) and borrow another extension cord. By then I had most of the corrals in my tank or in my sump.

Went to bed and left lights on so that I could wake up and check I still had power. Of the lost list this morning is three dwarf angels, long nosed hawk fish. Two wrasses are still not out, but I am hopeful about them

Oh and my tank is looking a right mess with things just jammed in where I could.

Seriously depressing nightL

Sorry to hear mate, hang in there !

Sorry to hear Crispin, but you are a generous reefer x 1000 for helping out Zoom and Rory. Great to see that Buddy ;)

thats hectic tjom.

luckily you didn't shock yourself.
oh i did, but thats not near;ly as bad as seeing my angels down and dead. the rusty and yellow in particular were very special to me, and they werent even eating sps. the regal is not out the woods yet, but still struggling and i think will be ok. hold thumbs

Sorry to hear Crispen, all i can do is wish you strongs to get through this.

sorry bud.....deepest sympathies......just remember U have to bounce back otherwise its gonna affect ur whole ecosystem u got going there....u always have friends on MASA....;)

i feel like fisrtly taking the dead unns to one time and leaving them in reception for reminders to take off when they planned, and although i do not for a m oment regret going to rory to help out, i really do wish I had gone home first, but was not to know:(

i did get to belly tickle my puffer fish as I held him in the current and he said thanks for that:)

oh i did, but thats not near;ly as bad as seeing my angels down and dead. the rusty and yellow in particular were very special to me, and they werent even eating sps. the regal is not out the woods yet, but still struggling and i think will be ok. hold thumbs

eish boet....i feel your pain:(

Really sorry to hear about the losses man :(

Sorry about the loss Crispin, I can understand how it must feel after seeing that awesome tank at the meeting! Hope the rest of the stock recover!

Hi Crispin I’m so sorry to hear about this, please let me know if there is anything we can do for you. It is truly sad as that your tank is really one of the wows! You phone any time!

Back
Top Bottom