a possible slit in the anc, i mean my annenomeee:)

Reaction score
hi guys.
i had a number of reefers over last weekend and one guiy said he thought my bubble tip maybe splitting. i looked and thought it was just the flow pushing him against some LR which he was folded over.

but this morn i took these two pics, showing him folding in on the one section, but far from the mouth. anyone know how they split, what to look for?

1786.jpg

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Can't really tell, if you can see the section closeup and it looks "pinched" then it may well be splitting. I have read they can split overnight and some take considerably longer.

Bear in mind that an anemone splitting can mean it is under stress or has just gone through a sudden change in environment, such as a sudden change in tank conditions like a large temperature swing etc.

Here's a pretty cool clip

YouTube - Anemone Splitting

Reaction score
Viper, that video was unbelievable!!! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it!:thumbup:

Reaction score
i have indeed had a sudden change in tank conditions recently :(

i'll keep an eye on him and see what happens. i am not convinced but thanks for the input guys:)

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Cool vid. That clown looked rather confused...

Crispin when I was looking at your tank the other day I was trying to figure out if that anemone was 1 or 2. The "sudden change in tank conditions" probably just prompted it to hurry up.

Reaction score
Cool vid. That clown looked rather confused...

Crispin when I was looking at your tank the other day I was trying to figure out if that anemone was 1 or 2. The "sudden change in tank conditions" probably just prompted it to hurry up.
yes but you ARE squint so that dont count! actually was it you asking if he was splitting? i watch carefully it would be delightful if he did. is a very friendly cuddly sort of nennie, i do quite like him:)

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Crispin any update on this ?