A good read - Fishes to avoid

thanks cybervic.excellent thread

This is a great read and i think some of the members here needs to take it to heart...

Excellent read on the types of fish to aviod when starting up for the first time.
Q: What are the best fish to strat with?
Q: What are the best ones to keep in a community tank?
Q: Looking at region specific, obatining them will lead to very little changes to your water parameters to ensure sucessfull tank?

Q: What are the best fish to strat with?
Dependant on tank size and other future inverts (corals/shrimps etc.) that will be introduced.

Q: What are the best ones to keep in a community tank?
Once again tank size is important, 20 Yellow Tangs are great in a 10000L tank, but nothing less :whistling:

Q: Looking at region specific, obatining them will lead to very little changes to your water parameters to ensure sucessfull tank?
This doesn't make sense to me. Water parameters change when introducing fish, regardless of where they come from ???

Tank is a TL 450. Possible LS 2 Clown, 2 Six Line Wrasses, 2 Blue fish with a yellow tail (Not sure what they are called.) and 2 cleaner shrimp. Thats all, tank is not very big as there is not enought space for a bigger tank. Not sure if this is too much live stock and will these be fine together in one tank.

Tank is a TL 450. Possible LS 2 Clown, 2 Six Line Wrasses, 2 Blue fish with a yellow tail (Not sure what they are called.) and 2 cleaner shrimp. Thats all, tank is not very big as there is not enought space for a bigger tank. Not sure if this is too much live stock and will these be fine together in one tank.

Blue tailed damsels can cause havoc, but should be fine with the other fish you have chosen. I would suggest one 6-line, as your reef ain't going be big enough to keep them from fighting.

Nice selection to start with :)

Thanks very much, then I will only put in 1 six line wrasses.

So the final LS list will be
2 Clown fish
1 Six Line Wrasses
2 (Blue fish with the yellow tails)
2 Cleaner Shrimp

But all will only be added to the tank once it has settled and ready for the LS.

Don't add all at once, do it in pairs and give the tank at least 10 days to adjust to the increased bioload, before adding the next two

My girlfriend bought my a book that gives you a lot of fish that works great in a reef tank.
But what i found is that these are just a guide-line.
Some times you get incompatible fish being totally at peace, and sometimes you get the most peacefully ones being aggressive.
So you just have to try your luck when there is something you really wont.

Will do, thanks for the advise greatly appreciated

Thanks very much, then I will only put in 1 six line wrasses.

So the final LS list will be
2 Clown fish
1 Six Line Wrasses
2 (Blue fish with the yellow tails)
2 Cleaner Shrimp

But all will only be added to the tank once it has settled and ready for the LS.

put the six line in last and you'll be fine.:)

he wont bother your damsels(blue with yellow tails) but may bother the clowns if they are added after him.;) then again sometimes damsels may become agro if left too long alone in their own tank!so.....

add them in this order to be safest

1.clowns
2.cleaner shrimps
3.damsels
4 six line wrasse

this is from experience in my own tanks over the years..

Once agian guys thanks for all the advise, I realy appreciate it.

we have two cleaner shrimp. we want to add a tomato clownfish and two yellow tail damsels. will they be okay together? we have a tl-550 tank

Ya should be fine I have 2 tomato's and a yellowtail and no problem...

Just remember, each fish has it's owb personality. What works for one will not necessary work for someone else. This is just guide lines to go by as to the general behavior of the fish. I had a fire clown (red saddleback clown) in a 6ft, and could not keep any other clowns with him, as he killed em within 7 days of being added.

Back
Top Bottom