A few ?'s about my RO unit

Reaction score
Just got this today without doing much research on it and the seller wasn't too sure either. The only place I can put it is under my kitchen sink. Does this mean I wont be able to bypass it when I dont need it (doing dishes etc.) The instructions are a little vague.

17122007941.jpg

Do you not have an outside tap that you can hook into? I have mine hooked up to a tap on the outside of the house and then just ran about 10 metres of tubing to the RO unit in the kitchen.

Nice unit by the way :)

They are emant to be bypassed if you have the correct connections. Mine is hooked up with a tap afterwards. If I want to use the tap I just open it. If I want to use the ROP I open the RO tap.

This is how I have mine hooked up, the white tubing (feed line) then goes into the kitchen to the RO unit. When I want RO water I turn the blue handle to the on position and water is then fed to the unit.

IMG_0390.jpg

Hey I got of my Peroni soaked but to take this pic, so Viper delete your now:lol::lol:

Lanzo, the idea is that the water runs into you tap as per normal
then when you flip the blue swith the R/O is on.

this can be done in line as well
654766ad87d989d.jpg

Thanks guys, I will have to install something like this to the copper piping under the sink. I'm on the 2nd floor in a complex so the sink will have to do. Would a plumber know how to do this?

Thanks guys, I will have to install something like this to the copper piping under the sink. I'm on the 2nd floor in a complex so the sink will have to do. Would a plumber know how to do this?

Gaboon, it's easy to do. A plumber can do it but will rip you a new one to do it. If the RO didn't come with that tap you can pick one up an almost any hardware.
It will take you about 5 minutes to fit, just make sure you buy some plumbing tape as well.
Position your unit so that it sits upright.
When you first connect your RO unit don't attach the pipe that goes into the RO membrane. Let the water go through your pre filter and carbon filter first for at least 10 minutes to flush out all the carbon dust. Then you can connect it to the membrane. Discard the first 20 litres of RO that you make (The RO membrane needs to be flushed as well) Then you good to go.

Gaboon, it's easy to do. A plumber can do it but will rip you a new one to do it.

FOHL :lol:. Like a R350 call out charge. Cool info Ant.
Another suggestion. I flood the garage, laundry and maids room every month...sometimes more. If you are like me, and cannot boil an egg, take note: Your neighbors on the first floor are going to be a little twitchy when you come home from movies and discover you forgot the water on.

I flood the garage, laundry and maids room every month...sometimes more. If you are like me, and cannot boil an egg, take note: Your neighbors on the first floor are going to be a little twitchy when you come home from movies and discover you forgot the water on.
lol same here,forgot to place the drum in the shower yestertady,when i got home entire bathroom lounge diningroom and kitchen all flooded

Its, quite easy to do, I installed mine under the Kitchen Sink, just some advise, use thread tape and don't over tighten it, I over tightened at first and it leaked. And make sure the offtake valve is closed when you turn the water back on, made that mistake, very wet kitchen.

Thanks guys, gonna have to get my dad to give me a hand, I'm technically impaired:(

Back
Top Bottom