A few questions for the pro's

Reaction score
Okay, Im getting my old tank marine ready and have a few questions.

Firstly I am going to be drilling a hole in the bottom corner of the tank for a overflow, what size does the hole need to be for standard pvc connectors? Is it 22mm?

Secondly, its not a large tank, 900mmX400mmX350mm, it has no braces, should I put on some eurobraces just in case? If so then how do I go about it?

Thanx:)

Reaction score
6mm glass I suspect, been 3years since I last worked on it, the mind is abit fuzzy, think its 6mm but Ill double check tonight.

Reaction score
The tank isn't high, and its not deep. No bracing is needed.

lv

Reaction score
About glass:
No bracing is required

About the drilling:
Just go check at your local hardware store what OD of the bulk heads are that goes through your glass. I think they are a bit smaller than the actual OD of the pipe.

Reaction score
Correction on the tank size, was thumb sucking from memory at work.
Its 900mm long X 380mm high X 320mm wide, so no brace then, exelent, makes it a bit easier.

Reaction score
When you drill your tank, just make sure its not tempered glass. Might chip or shatter being 6mm.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
Okay, Im getting my old tank marine ready and have a few questions.

Firstly I am going to be drilling a hole in the bottom corner of the tank for a overflow, what size does the hole need to be for standard pvc connectors? Is it 22mm? go bigger as the inner diam of a 22mm OD fitting will be in the region of 15mm... look at 32 as mentioned..
Secondly, its not a large tank, 900mmX400mmX350mm, it has no braces, should I put on some eurobraces just in case? If so then how do I go about it? what thickness glass? if 10mm no bracing but 6mm over a 9mm lenth could be broken.. how does your hood fit on could this not support it a little? not entirley ideal but it will work..

Thanx:)
should work with that in mind:whistling: