A few mamal and insect shots....esp for weeman starved of wildlife in miserable UK!:)

Reaction score
try meeting that fella on a mountain bike ride in kruger. Was a little grumpy and my norwegian girlfriend nearly ran a mile....i think she only made hald a yard before we stopped her:)

Reaction score
let me get into photobucket and i will send you some bee shots!:) and the upload on here has a tiny size limit, i am too lazy to resize the pics down so far.....but looks like it might be worth the effort. I use 800x600 so they fit properly on my screen.

Reaction score
i had to lie down as he came out the donga, was a heart pounding moment, especially as his ears were out and knew i was there...still a nice shot:)

Reaction score
So, forgive me, but what is that thing in the first pic? It looks like the love child of a pig and a hippo... lol

Reaction score
spot the states girl....we have those walking the streets here:) (NOT!!! i am kidding :) )....thats a younge male hippo that was displaced from the pod (group of hippo) and is returning to the river after feeding in the early morning:)

curl his tail...stretch his nose and you might think he is a big sea horse.....ok NO....def a hippo:)

Reaction score
LOL... thanks dude. So, baby hippo... yeah, that makes more sense. I swear, I'm really not as clueless as most Americans. I have been to other countries... like India, where the animals really do walk the streets. It was a little shocking at first. I'd never seen a camel before (that I could remember)... them things are huge! And in Peru I was chased by a disgruntled vacuna... but hippos scare me. I've seen them on the Discovery channel and they are MEAN!

Reaction score
And in Peru I was chased by a disgruntled vacuna... but hippos scare me. I've seen them on the Discovery channel and they are MEAN!

lesson learnt....dont pull the tail of a vacuna :) Hippo are dangerous....but n ot mean, its us stupid humans that cause the crap, they just defend themselves...and rather effectivley....thank goodness a thing that size eats grass hey:)

Reaction score
Hey, at least I'm not as bad as my husband... he saw a tarantula on a tree when we were in the Amazon and he screamed like a little girl.

Reaction score
lol :) i am not so thrilled with spiders myself, they are the only thing that give me the creepies.....thinking of which i have a lovely shot ofa golden orb spider I will dig up for you, taken on the smae morning ride as the hippo:)

Reaction score
hang on a sec viper, i will send u a pic or two of the trout i didnt let go:) i managed to do their full 7.5 hour day AND fish 10 hours.........first time in my short 32 years that I have gotten tired of fooling wild brown trout on dry flies:)

Reaction score
I love spiders... except when they bite. Reminds of a funny story... when I went to Hawaii, BobF told me none of the spiders on the island were poisonous. So I thought it would be safe to mess around with them. Well, one of them bit me hard... hurt like hell, then itched... for a big welt on my arm. I said "dude!! you said none of the spiders were poisonous." He was like "yeah... as in they won't kill you... I never said they didn't bite!" LOL