A DIY Kalk reactor

Reaction score
23347bc7366344c6.jpg
And exits via the top.This ensures that no air can get stuck in the lid.Do the same with all other types of reactors as well.

Reaction score
Simple yet functional. Would like to see a pic of the inlet and outlet of the recirc pump please

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Zookeeper! Now that's impressive! I REALLY like. If you don't mind me asking again - where did you source the clear tube and how much did this cost you in the end?

You are absolutely AWESOME with DIY! How much would you charge IF you would make one of these for a fellow reefer?

Reaction score
where did you source the clear tube

You are absolutely AWESOME with DIY! How much would you charge IF you would make one of these for a fellow reefer?
Maizy Plastic in Paarden Eiland were the cheepest at the time.As for building one for somebody ,well I don`t even have enough time to build all the things I have ideas for,so sorry you will have to DIY.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Zookeeper, your our DIY guru man:thumbup:

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
how much did you pay for the tube?

Reaction score
Can anyone explain, how this reactor works ?

What is the pump on the side for ?

Does this reactor run 24/7 or is it connected to the top-up system ?

Reaction score
The pump circulates the water in the "reactor". Yes 24/7. Some people run a PH probe to control the amount of CO2. CO2 lowers the PH of the water and then the media dissolves slowly.
Thalion the reactor is connected to a timmer and infact only runs twice a day for 5 min at a time.The idea is that when the pump on the side runs it gives the contents a good mix.Generally 2 x per day is fine but some people say 4x per day.I tried both and found no difference.It is normal for Kalk reactors to be connected to some type of top-up system.I use a simple dosing pump connected to a timmer as my top-up .Works for me.

Reaction score
The pump circulates the water in the "reactor". Yes 24/7. Some people run a PH probe to control the amount of CO2. CO2 lowers the PH of the water and then the media dissolves slowly.
Sorry Thalion it seems you have confused this method with a calcium reactor two different things please read the thread from the begining.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jaun_marine DIY 6
Hammerhead Water Parameters and Additives 24
kalkwasser DIY 13
STC-1000 DIY 20
keyaam DIY 10