8 month update - broken tank rebuilt from scratch

Reaction score
Thought I would post an update on this very long project that started here
I built a new tank from scratch including a stand and used the trimming and cover from the broken tank. For the front and side I used 8mm opti-white. Bottom is 10mm regular glass and the back 8mm grey tinted glass. And all of it is polished. The stand is made from 25mm squared tubing which were powder coated in matt black after the welding.
It has been running for about 3 months. I had it in the garage for about 2 months while testing for leaks and getting some plants going. The stand were ready about a month ago and I moved the tank inside. Obviously the tank were empty and aquascape had to be done from scratch as I did not really have substrate / gravel in it.

I`m having a problem with water clarity, which started about 3 weeks ago. This was after I completed the new plumbing and got them all nicely out of the way at the back. I have an air pump running in the corner with a biggish boyu sponge and a small boyu canister. The canister has ceramic rings at bottom, activated carbon in middle and a black sponge with a thing rough matt at the top. a Few days ago I temporarily replaced the activated carbon with a fine Flamingo filter wool to see if it will clear up the little particles floating around.

While the setup were running out in the garage, the water were always clear. I`m not sure where to start diagnosing as I tried a few things. My logic says I should take some of the floating particles to a lab or something and determine what they actually are.

I`m trying to attach a video for demonstration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom