7 Week Old Seahorse Pics

Discussion in 'Breeding fish' started by Anemone, 22 Sep 2010.

1. Anemone

Anemone

I have 68 seahorses that are 7 weeks old and 1 seahorse that is 3 weeks old. Why only 1 three week old?.....Someone decided to PLAY dead when the rest of his brothers and sisters went off to great grandma's house to be raised.

All of the 7 week old fry are eating frozen whole mysis shrimp! :slayer:

These fry are all offsprings from the previous batch that I raised.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Golden child:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Very cool. :)

4. hypn

hypn

They are so pretty Anemone, making us all jealous again and that your golden child looks so sweet. Long may your breeding continue, when next I visit the States I am knocking on your door first

Andre
    ps. progress is slow but steady - three species all Cities in place but now the Tax man wants a tax clearance certificate. Nothing comes easy, but I am going to win one way or another

5. magman

magman

Awesome, is the golden an albino?

6. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

No, Seahorses have the ability to change colors based on their mood, environment, diet, and likely a few other things that are not understood at this time. This ability to change color is useful in the wild to camouflage themselves.

This particular one has maintained this golden color for a while now, but could actually turn black or brown at anytime. The rest are currently black or dark brown. I have not done anything (besides the colored hitches) with their environment to influence color.

7. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

Would love to show you my setup and talk to you about my techniques.

Oh we can't forget the tax man! The seahorses will be well worth it! Wish I could be there to see your excitment when you finally get them in your hands!

8. LuckyFish

LuckyFish MASA Contributor

Taxman? Why does that sound uncomfortable familiar to me?

9. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

I could probably come up with about a million reasons! :lol:

10. hypn

hypn

Pretty amazing I was also wondering why he chose to be yellow, gave one look at the others and thought - heck why not be different :thumbup:

I suppose he wont be running for his own political party - not enough support from the others - are you going to keep him if he stays yellow or do you think he might just conform eventually

Either way he is incredible

11. hypn

hypn

Yup our dear friends from the tax department also need to check the books before the Sea-horses arrive after all these guys are illegal immigrants who will be placing a extra burden on the health and tax system of our country - :y15:

Maybe we should import Anemone, if she could sneak in her seahorses we would be overstocked by now.

Thanks for being so supportive Anemone there are some very special people in this world - now go look after the Golden Child (I adore him)

12. SIMS

SIMS

Seahorses look awesome.

Hypo I just handed in an application to import - Tax certificate took me 5 mins to get..

13. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

Well, I'm hoping "he" is actually a "she". I have way too many adult males.

I get pretty good results with getting them to color up when I introduce more color to the tank. Once I start that process, I may not even be able to tell which horse he or she is. But if it is a female and she continues to stand out from the rest I will keep her.

14. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

Oh sure, I get to be the one that goes to prison while you get to take care of my seahorses! :razz:

You're welcome, and thank you!

Think "SHE" on the golden child! :thumbup:

15. hypn

hypn

HI SIMS,

Mind sharing how you went about it. I was told to contact my bookkeeper who seems to be of the impression that this is a long process. I personally think he has gone on holiday and could not be bothered, (we all need a break) but maybe I can implement the process in the next day or two. Please PM me if possible in order not to derail the thread

Thanks in advance
    Andre

16. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

Thank you for all the nice comments everyone!

I'm also expecting a HUGE batch to be born in the morning. My daddy seahorse has been giving birth to some really under developed fry for the last 3 days. The first day he released about 15 - 20, the second day about 20 - 25, and today about another 30 that were at least able to swim. Each day the daddy keeps getting bigger and bigger!

This is what they looked like 3 days ago. The sac is still visibly attached. They fry were alive, but unable to swim the first two days. I'm thinking that based on the last few days, tomorrow right after the lights go on will be the big release.

[​IMG]

17. hypn

hypn

We could always have you land in Nigeria and then fly in a small plane to some airstrip in South Africa (mind you my neighbours farm has a nice one). Then again South African prisons are allegedly very comfortable and have you thought of the breeding project you could start with fellow prison inmates ;).

With White Rino Horn poaching being such a hot topic of debate at present I would not even try and smuggle a goldfish into the country. They are out to catch wildlife related criminal activity and rightly so.

Funny in a way that the very same people who thought eating sea-horses are good for the libido and adding them to the endangered list is now causing more and more legislative problems with the Rhino Horn. Glad I am not planning to breed Rhino's

How do we always end up being so off topic. I am going to get smacked on the hands again :lol:

18. hypn

hypn

Absolutely incredible - yes you may be in for a BIG birth :thumbup:

19. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

Are you speaking from experience? :lol:

No, just banned! :razz:

20. hypn

hypn

I nearly received some cell time for exceeding the speed limit (new system whereby they place you in a holding cell for a night) but I luckily got caught on a weekday - weekends you get to spend in the cell. Way to scared of the prison system in this country.

Any minute now I should be served my "banning orders" - something I have come to appreciate :)

21. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

They make you spend the night in a cell for speeding? Holy shit!!!! Here in the US if you don't speed you get ran over!

Recent Posts