600by600 Cube

Reaction score
hey guys, gonna be starting up a nano, or at least i think its a nano? 198 Litre dt? if it is please move the thread. but anyway here is my question. i want to set up a small tank to have for a nennie. been thinkin of it for a while. will a 250W mh be overkill on this? i know nennies are hectic light demanders, but could this be too much for my depth. want a nennie with long tentacles so i was thinkin a magnifica?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaction score
250W would be great for a magnifica IMHO! 198 litre is FAR beyond the size deemed nano ;) hehe.

Sounds awesome! What type of clowns will be hosting this anemone?? And other tank inhabitants?

Reaction score
250w is a lot of light for a small tank you are planning. Rather scale down a bit on the light, maybe one 150w MH and 02 small Fluorescents - my 02 cents

Reaction score
If you're going for a very light demanding anemone, and possibly some nice sticks, 250W is not an overkill. A guy named hellraiser has a 250W MH hanging over his 90L JBJ Nano Cube and his coral etc look extremely healthy!

Reaction score
as far as inhabitants go, i was thinkin two percs or two common clowns. been gettin conflictin info on which clown goes where so i'm goin to see later on when its time to decide. i was thinkin some firefish, two or three? would i be askin for trouble with the nennie and them together?i'm plannin a huge fuge, so if its decent after a couple of months i was hopin a mandarin
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaction score
Here are your choices for Heteractis magnifica

A. akallapisos - Skunk Clownfish
A. clarkii - Clark's Clownfish
A. melanopus - Red and Black Clownfish
A. ocellaris - Ocellaris Clownfish
A. percula - Percula Clownfish
A. perideraion - Pink Skunk Clownfish

Make sure you have a chiller, if going run the 250 watt

Reaction score
thanks warr. going to go with percula then. i've made a plan for a fan to blow directly under the mh to help with heat. but i think chiller would be good too.
Posted via Mobile Device

dallasg

Reaction score
looks like a good idea, my nano is made for nemmies :)