5% Acetic Acid where to buy ?

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by martinhal, 26 Jun 2009.

1. martinhal

martinhal

Where can one buy 5% Acetic Acid to mix with Kalk powder in JHB. I know one can use White Vinegar but dont want to get into that discussion ;)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. FransSny

FransSny

Could try Roans chemicals in JHB...not sure where they are exactly. Or wine making shops.....

Sorry for for asking Marthinal but why not vinigar....this is what gives vinigar its smell (if i remember correctly) also known as hydrogen acetate

As for 5 % Acetic Acid, I have not heard of it in that concentration. The reason being concentration is measured in "mass' and at 5 - 8 % it is vinigar

Any chem boffs please correct me if i am wrong

Last edited: 26 Jun 2009
  4. Tony

Tony

Acetic acid is vinegar AKA CH3 COOH. Most vinegars are 5 percent. If you really want to be very specific call glassworld.co.za

Recent Posts