4age project 2

unfortunately plans not going as expected..some changes will be done..so no more peninsula set up for me..will update once I confirm new build plans

New tank specs...1m by 60w. .not what I wanted but unfortunately can't go any bigger...

I'm still not sure whether I should go 50cm high or 45cm high

New tank specs...1m by 60w. .not what I wanted but unfortunately can't go any bigger...

I'm still not sure whether I should go 50cm high or 45cm high
500 with water level at 450 :thumbup:

500 with water level at 450
I was initially thinking of same height but 50cm still looks high coz tank is 1m.
Maybe 45 with water level at 42? What you think @Mekaeel...wide shallow tank with not too live rock and staghorn sps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was initially thinking of same height but 50cm still looks high coz tank is 1m.
Maybe 45 with water level at 42? What you think @Mekaeel...wide shallow tank with not too live rock and staghorn sps?

It will look nice. But I feel there will be too little space from water level to top of the tank. Since the tank will be SPS dominated and you going to be aiming for high flow, you need to have that space so you dont end up with Tsunamis on the carpet/tiles :p

It will look nice. But I feel there will be too little space from water level to top of the tank. Since the tank will be SPS dominated and you going to be aiming for high flow, you need to have that space so you dont end up with Tsunamis on the carpet/tiles
Don't forget if your overflow gets blocked by any small debris while you are away a flood will happen quicker.

ok so stand is currently being made...should be galvanised in next day or two whereafter I might either paint white with hammerite paint or epoxy coat the stand white. will hopefully get glass Saturday morning and try to send it away for polishing

got a zeovit reactor from a friend so might go zeo on system

ok guys..now comes the hard descisions...substrate or bare base

if I go zeo the system setup recommends a thin substrate...need something that looks nice but is not too fine that the pumps blow it all over the tank..any recommendations?

Progress..Had Slight Delay With Stand. Going for galvanising tomorrow

f1e0173e915952ecf9b083a9537bae01.jpg

Before you pick it up from galvanize place, ensure that the stand is still straight. I had a small stand done and they somehow managed to bent it. I reckon it was still hot and they just chuck it on the ground.

ok guys..now comes the hard descisions...substrate or bare base if I go zeo the system setup recommends a thin substrate...need something that looks nice but is not too fine that the pumps blow it all over the tank..any recommendations?

I always use Caribsea Special grade Reef Sand without any issues...

So got my glass today

ff1b161b285adc5d6b4997218b0d7aa9.jpg

2ad4452b406a4bcef54dc6907aae8de5.jpg

Stand not back from galvanising yet so can't start

O yes..I also got a nice delivery in the week...won this prize at our ct reef meet last week

Thanks to Bryan at jungle aquatics

60ab06800b1cc9ce2d0db38bc7a0ce25.jpg

Progress has been slower than I wanted on this build. Got stand back which got a coat of white hammerite paint.

5925335219001c246a79f8e42c3b1b3e.jpg

Also painted back of tank and base.had to use quite a bit of tape to ensure straight lines..didn't want the polished edges covered by paint.happy with the Wat it came out

a97eacbf6f36cdf151e2f207221f09b4.jpg

144ba10c05c8f6477d4a02dc0d907b73.jpg

b0930ce23b0addd4d17b690b42cf6148.jpg

5f2b604f8778aeab816c4ead539fb9a1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom