450 LTR tank design from scratch

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been nursing a boyu nano for the past few weeks and getting itchy feet to go big.

My thoughts are expanding my 140L to about a 400L. My nano is just too limited.

Are there any good designs around for about a 450L tank. The design must include sump extentive detail and all technical aspects about it. Thats what confuses me ?

The lights & canopy I will worry about later.

What I'm most concerned about are the dimensions of the sump, FLOW with power heads and power of return pumps input + return.

I'm sure there is a legacy design floating around somewhere. If you know of any, I will appreciate the sharing ...

Thanks in advance.

How about a 800*800*600 cube with a little sump to go with it.
Light it with 1*250W SE MH. Will be an awsome looking tank :)

If I had the opportunity and space to build a new tank I would also go with a 800 cube as Mekaeel suggested. That would be an awesome reef.

Why do you think your nano is limited. I find a nano a real challenge.

Thats easy i would go with a 120 by 65 x 60W would work out around 450l dont go to deep lightind and working in the tank becomes a problem.. Will fit all std 4ft lighting equipment and would have enough space under it to put all equipment. Plus you can get to all equipment easy with a cube some equipment may be hard to reach in the back corner. Just my 2 cents.

Yebo.Eco Aquatics stocks it.Tobes had one for sale.Check up with him if it is still available.

Howzit, sorry man, light is taken already. :wave2:

Back
Top Bottom