40 Year Old Tank

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks' started by SchyffS, 13 Jul 2010.

1. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

We got similar airlines to Spirit down here in South Africa.

2 hour flight between Johannesburg and Cape Town. They do come down the aisle with a trolley loaded with Stuff. And with credit card machine in hand.

It is only a real big problem if your company booked you on the flight and you did not realize it before you got onto the plane. Thinking you will get a light meal and something to drink included. Now you sit there hungry and thirsty. Luckily its only a short 2 hour flight, but including time to get onto the plane and eventually off, by that time your stomach is eating away on your spine.

Been lucky enough to be on a few of these flights. I do not even know why they bother with the trolley as I never saw anybody buying anything.

Paul B likes this.
  2. Guest

3. Paul B

Paul B

I don't care about the money, it is just a pain to find your credit card while you are stuffed into that seat. Just charge me more for the ticket and don't bother me. When I check my luggage I would like to give them 20 bucks and say, let me have some peanuts or a water and don't bother me on the plane.

4. Paul B

Paul B

Tomorrow I have an emergency visit with my knee doctor. At this point I am supposed to be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, or at least walk around a Hardware store looking for a nose ring. But after about 50 yards, the thing locks up and I start walking like Neil Armstrong on the moon, and that was way before Michael Jackson invented Moon Walking.

I think maybe he left a loose toggle bolt or put the thing in backwards because I can walk backwards pretty good.

I hope he doesn't have to tear the thing out because I think he threw away my old knee so he can't put that one back.
    I have a Caribbean trip coming up soon and I need two knees to dive. If you dive with only one knee working, you tend to swim in circles. :rolleyes:

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

maybe let him do the other knee as well, then you will not swim in circles...

Paul B likes this.
  6. Paul B

Paul B

I just came back from the Knee guy and it seems only 1 or 2% of his patients get this. Guess which percent I am?

He said it is rare and I got a bad case of it. Thats Great!!!.
    I wanted to be in the One percent with this.

It seems that a ligament that runs along side your knee is rubbing up against the titanium implant and it doesn't like it so it is irritated. So am I.

Now I have to take this heavy duty steroid and one of the side effects is Knee pain. You can't make this stuff up. :confused:

Then I have to go for knee injections. I thought the reason for getting a knee replacement was so you don't have to get any more knee injections.

But I guess this time the needle is filled with WD-40. :eek:

7. Paul B

Paul B

I should have done this myself because this is what happens when you hire someone. If you want it done right, you should do it yourself.
    The only reason I didn't do that is that I need two hands to use the saw to cut out my old knee and I also need two hands to put my fingers in my ears because my screaming may scare me.
    I also would have installed a grease fitting and maybe an adjustment screw. I would have gotten a good American made adjustment screw and not one from Home Depot where their screws come from China and are made out of old I Phone 3s.

If you guys don't have Home Depot, make up something.:cool:

8. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

We got Builders Warehouse...

Used to be great years ago, Now they are part of the Massmart group which in turn is own by the Walmart group...

Paul B likes this.
  9. Paul B

Paul B

We are in this new home and our tastes changed a lot since we were young during the Cretaceous period. We always had modern. I wanted my house to look like the StarShip Enterprise. I already look like Capt. Picard so what the heck.
    But now we are going for more industrial/Steampunk.

We were looking for an vintage factory window for my wife's bathroom and we just received it. The frame is in very bad shape but I will not replace it as I am looking for that. I need to stabilize it so it doesn't fall apart as it is even hard to pick up because pieces fall off. The wood that doesn't fall off is cracked so much like an alligator that one neighbor ran away as I was carrying it in.

It has some design etchings in it and the center pulls open. I will install it in the room with LED strips behind it.

I am painging the frame black but I "alligatored" the paint on the frame so it still looks very old. I did some test pieces of wood to see what looks best. I don't want it to look like it was just painted but I also can't use the existing frame color which is sort of like the bottom of Columbus boat. It just doesn't go but they thing should look very cool.

This side of the frame is the "Good side"

IMG_2290_zpsujnlgqgd.jpg

Recent Posts