30 litre Tetra aqua art nano setup???

Discussion in 'Nano Tank advice' started by Antman, 10 Jan 2009.

1. Antman

Antman

Hi just want to know if this nano will work its a small 30l tetra aqua art tank with a dophin kuv-2000 with sponge and build in uv lamp and then i have 2 kg off cured live rock and the tank have a 11w light tube in i did bought a resun sk-05 mini skimmer but took it out cant get it to work right so i am only running 2kg live rock and the dophin filter and i use a tropic marin expert test kit for water testing and i know about the water changes that i must do so far so good

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Antman

Antman Thread Starter

Any help??

4. CaCO3

CaCO3

First off WELCOME. Have you introduced yourself yet?

It's gonna be very unstable. If this is your first tank it my be a bit off-putting.

The lights are a bit weak, see if you can find any mods that people have done on their nano's and see if you can apply them

Try and get the skimmer to work, it will help you BIG time with your volume. The problem may be the SG. Check that it is at least 1.022 and highest is 1.026.

When did you set it up?

5. dogstar

dogstar

30 litres? Bit small no? Might have issues keeping the parameters stable on such a small tank.

6. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

Check out nano-reef.com They forums there have lots of PICO tanks (which is even smaller than yours). I'm sure you'll get some great ideas there.

7. Antman

Antman Thread Starter

Mmm thanx jip did saw those pico they are awsome well im going to try 8 years ago when i had a marine tank all the books and petshop said you must go big for a marine setup nothing smaller than 100 liters and now 8 years later i started again and when i start reading up on the subject i found nanos back in those days they didnt even exist so i will try the small tank and see if i can get it right will keap you people up to date and thanx alot for all the help so far nice meeting you all

8. flappy

flappy

Welcome,
    a 30 litre set up should not be your first tank.This size tank will require loads of experience.Reason being if any mistake is made or water parameter is out, the effect will be more severe and occur much faster giving you very little time to rectify.
    The more water volume the more stable.
    A good size to start would be minimum of 250 litre in my opinion.
    Use live rock,a decent skimmer and DSB.Read up on the forum on algae scrubbers as you might want to add this.
    Very NB to get a small quarentene tank and put your UV on this if you have one.
    You will increase your chances of success majorly if you quarentene everything before it goes into your main display.
    Plan and read as much as you can bofore you purchase...most NB enjoy it!

9. Antman

Antman Thread Starter

Mmm...thanx alot i did have a tank 8 years ago was running for 3 years but had to move from free state to gauteng so had to sell so this small tank is not my first but thanx alot for the help back in those days there was not something like nanos so i decide to start up a tank again and then this new nano setups got me hooked again i know its very small but its worth a try

10. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

Antman: these small pico tanks usually are for corals and hermit crabs. If you are wanting fish I would think of upgrading to at least a 24G tank

Recent Posts