3 years lights off vs 3 years lights on

Reaction score
Well this right here is a perfect experiment keep one tank lights of for 3 years don’t turn them on and then the other tank keep them lights on for 3 years do not attempt to turn them off !!! this is my other tank measuring at 1.3m x 600 x 600 I build the hood and cabinet I left for jhb 3 years ago leaving the tanks in the care of my mother who thought it was interesting cleaning this tank’s glass with a pot scrubbing thing the glass is so bad you can hardly see through it and the lights where left on for 3 years well for a tank that has been in constant day light for 3 years it don’t look to bad since it has a few corals in it on weekends I learned that the window was left open so the nice sun light can lit up the tank I wanted to sell these tanks 3 years ago but my mother loved the tanks so mutch I thought I left them in her care and she did not do a bad job besides for the glass scratching thing oh and the lights on for 3 years well we have to love our mothers specially when we get older the tank has 6 globes 2 blue and the rest globes with little red spectrum just the way I like it and they got replaced once a year well I used to replace them every 6 months before I left for jhb I think if you leave them on for 24 hour days they can maybe be replaced every 3 months well the tank is covered in a hard bristle like green moss algae whatever you prefer the corals are nice and open the tank hade its weekly water change thanks to my brother in law it is a mess really looking forward in bringing it back to live
4234754d681a9841.jpg

i got a digital from andrew works pretty well or at least I think so cant figure out all the buttons lol

i got this timer well it has not been connected for a few years but i am sure it works
4234755398bda0ac.jpg

You might want to try it on something you don't mind blowing up before you wire it up to your tank lights.

i just did it stil works i just did a water change on the tank so i will place a pic a little later to show some of the corals after 3 years of constant light supplie

i just did it stil works i just did a water change on the tank so i will place a pic a little later to show some of the corals after 3 years of constant light supplie

So what did you use, wife's hair drier? :whistling:

well here is some corals in the tank it looks very hazy because of the glass that has been sanpapered with steel wool for 3 years
42347554b02f2f0a.jpg

so yea the tank is in pretty bad shape from having the lights on so bad i need to reace the front glass and if anyone has any idea as what to do to get it back into shape
42347554ccf47795.jpg

the water is a little cloudy now because i sucked up all the shingle that was at the bottom of the tank i want to replace it with live sand

Do I understand you correctly in that the lights have been on 24/7 for 3 years, no waterchanges for 3 years and no protein skimmer for 3 years?

Back
Top Bottom