2una's Rsm 650 mixed reef

Some interesting info if you sps guys ain't came across this one yet, think its time to maybe take a stab at that treatment.
Sheldon/ JC you guys haven't maybe brought any in your sitting on? @Atilla @Marine Aquatics @Achilles

I've previously seen this issue & with @irie ivan thumbsucked it was maybe Vibrio pathogen that comes & goes but maybe this is more likely what it is.
With a weakened/damaged tank this kak just won't f off...is like fighting a ghost

Last edited:
Think i can add that to the suspect list

48677683451_2b3e96f249_b.jpg

no, you can add that to the rubbish bin.

Or you can keep the impeller, for future use. Or the complete body to protect the impeller. Just cut the cord off now so that you do not use the pump by mistake one day. I got a bin with old pumps that I strip for spares when needed.

So how is the Tank recovering?

How goes it Vleis , happiest man alive to see 2019 year end hoping this year will let me get on top of things better.
Still have a limited amount of rtn/stn going on which i think is bacterial/pathogen related + then also have some sort of polyp taken over almost all rockwork that i also need to find a fix for, tried a couple differant chemical approach's that haven't worked so far.(fluconazole + fenbendazole)
Just a very slow repair process still really.
With the denitrator taken offline & switching over to chaeto its taken a lot of time for me to get the tank to hold some sort of respectable iodine level, close to on top of that now tho.
New sps seems to have whatever it needs in it to not get overcome by the rtn/stn boogie man where any of my earlier left corals seem to be still susceptible to it, odd but seems that way.

If anyone knows what these polyps are please do tell
49365403143_dbd4543706_c.jpg

Fts for 2020 - I'm far from a happy state with it at the moment but working on it.

49365380323_1f8d8e0fb3_c.jpg

Im glad to hear the chaos has slowed down. Just now a waiting game for things to stabilize again i guess...

I want to say those might be BLUE CLOVE POLYPS, but also not 100% convinced im right.... Its "tentacles/leaves" almost look like rock anemone tentacles as well, very frill'ecky.....

I want to say those might be BLUE CLOVE POLYPS, but also not 100% convinced im right.... Its "tentacles/leaves" almost look like rock anemone tentacles as well, very frill'ecky.....

I had hoped that was what they were but if they were bcp they should have got knocked out with the fenbendazole i used but didn't.....Am wondering if maybe i need to try with a new bottle as the one i used has been sat around a while. They have like a maroon look to them.
Throwing chemicals at the tank is the last thing i want to be doing but these things need to go as they really really invasive.

49383092958_615cfe0b61_c.jpg

Im always a bit worried when people try and kill pollyps. It always stuck to my head what happened to @Papitto. He lost everything

Im always a bit worried when people try and kill pollyps. It always stuck to my head what happened to @Papitto. He lost everything

I hear you bud ,Fenbendazole not good for softy tank but i'm not & dosed it before so relatively safe, it will kill gsp/xenia/gorg's that i know of but don't have...goni's/ric's/shrooms seem to be fine with it.
Asking around that i'm doing seems to point to some sort of bcp family so going to give it a 2nd try with a new bottle.

May as well document this to see if it works this time with a fresh bottle.
Panacur BS - animal dewormer which is 5% fenbendazole - have dosed 6.4ml which should be 0.53mg per litre or 2mg per US gal.
I've killed xenia with half that dose before & they have never come back.

Pic is only a hour after dosing & they aren't looking so happy so i know it affects them
Day 1
49393884892_3f6c6bcdc2_c.jpg

Last edited:
How to you dose it? Just dump it in your tank? Or you kind of spray it over the unwanted pests?

How to you dose it? Just dump it in your tank? Or you kind of spray it over the unwanted pests?

it's a liquid, looks pretty much the same as kalk paste , i just mix it in some tank water & pour above the rockwork,Tank water goes a bit white-ish looking for awhile that's it, carbon/gfo out & skimmer so it ain't skimming

I guess its looking better but they are still there some of them - you can see them as little white dots, they gone into closed mode. Same over the rest of the tank too.

48hours

49403350776_ec756e12a4_c.jpg

Day 5 - turned the skimmer back up off idle day4.
Believe its done the trick but will leave carbon out for a few more days to let the meds stay in a bit longer

49418790261_52c3399909_c.jpg

Also added some sludge removing bacteria to clean up whats left behind (Seachem Pristine + Fauna Marin Therapy)

10 days after dosing i don't see any of those polyps around anywhere so hopefully they are gone but i won't doubt that they show their faces again.
Nice to see my rockwork back again.

Back
Top Bottom