The Innocent

46208626005_e621175d09.jpg

The Guilty x2

40157673993_d6a33aaec7.jpg

The Wall

47122713701_832e60ecbb_z.jpg

The Mexican

Last edited:
Haha, you must build the wall higher, just declare a state of emergency in the tank to get the funds.

Fish Trap only way. With a mirror on the back. You might need to make one big enough to fit him in. I used a spider tank from a pet shop, used the op glass as the sliding door, just need some of that plastic track to keep the door in place so it can slide up and down easily.

Fish Trap only way. With a mirror on the back. You might need to make one big enough to fit him in. I used a spider tank from a pet shop, used the op glass as the sliding door, just need some of that plastic track to keep the door in place so it can slide up and down easily.

Is kind of a x3 problem & just trying to split them apart atm with a divider.
Yt is just a jerk & will go looking to bully
Emperor will chase it if he runs across it but don't go looking to make trouble.
Coral Beauty in the equation also not wanting to share reef.
This way at least i can split the load a little till it hopefully works out.

Looking great there Sir, lovely addition to an amazing tank!!

How goes it Vleis... things was ok up till last month then i had a mini chernobyl with my denitrator which nuked a lot of both fish & coral so tank is in bad shape from how it was before.
All the corals expelled there zoox to varying degrees...some too much to come back, some not too bad......have some cutting to do once i give things more time to see what will come back & what won't.
Nursing mode currently

How goes it Vleis... things was ok up till last month then i had a mini chernobyl with my denitrator which nuked a lot of both fish & coral so tank is in bad shape from how it was before.
All the corals expelled there zoox to varying degrees...some too much to come back, some not too bad......have some cutting to do once i give things more time to see what will come back & what won't.
Nursing mode currently

Oh shooooot man, NOOOOO....
Hope it bounces back my dude.....

Nursing mode currently
All the best brother. Not nice to hear.

Coral wise tank went into recovery then started falling apart again big time, even monti's looking like kak.
Thank you Mr icp
2 phos kits telling lies & likely the Tin & maybe the copper.

u/g = under detection limits so mostly probably that p04 or lack of it the main culprit i think.
Cuprisorb in to pull the copper/tin out & gfo off, at least some direction of what the hell is going on.

Icp:

Attachments

• 6_8_19.pdf
    129.3 KB · Views: 115
Nursing mode currently

Flip to sorry to hear bud, your tank was looking amazing. How it comes right.

Coral wise tank went into recovery then started falling apart again big time, even monti's looking like kak.
Thank you Mr icp
2 phos kits telling lies & likely the Tin & maybe the copper.

u/g = under detection limits so mostly probably that p04 or lack of it the main culprit i think.
Cuprisorb in to pull the copper/tin out & gfo off, at least some direction of what the hell is going on.

Icp:

Cuprisorb will help but you alk is also a bit low with your nitrates being a bit high. Raise the alk slightly if you can

Well i still havent got on top of this but after buying another po4 kit & confirming 0.05 area PO4 i mailed Ati

Hi Ben,
I suspect my po4 reading is suspect as i had 2 kits (redsea + elos) telling me 0.05 & now brought a new 3rd that is telling me the same.

Would it be possible to tell me if tests done either side of mine showed a readable level of po4 or if they were also "u" ?
I'm having serious issues with my sps tank with tn but i suspect the issue is bacterial.
I did drop in some cuprisorb already to see if that will take away that small tin sign

answer i got back was

Hi John,
your PO4 value is around 0,03 ppm. I do not know why the report does not show it.

Please note. More important than the PO4 reading is the phosphorus (the P in PO4) reading. Phosphorus is at 10 ppt in your tank. That is very low and therefore phosphorus might be limited. A clear sign for that would be stn from the base. If the TN you re describing is from the base ... bingo, add some PO4 and/or stop removing it

For 3 weeks there's been no gfo run + a pellet food addition in the am added that wasn't there before & im still seeing sticks falling over so now going to start dropping in some seachem flourish phosphorous & see what happens.
Have had 1 goni close up & a monti with bad colour so maybe they might be a canary.

Cuprisorb will help but you alk is also a bit low with your nitrates being a bit high. Raise the alk slightly if you can

I have bumped the alk a little but it always has sat that area so i don't think its that but did bump it a little

Last edited:
Have you checked pumps for split impeller or rusted magnets on WaveMaker? Remember a thread years ago where a Reefer had issues with sps and stn and found a split impeller which leached metals into tank

Have you checked pumps for split impeller or rusted magnets on WaveMaker? Remember a thread years ago where a Reefer had issues with sps and stn and found a split impeller which leached metals into tank

Hi, yip, icp would have showed up something there + i have been over them also
What i do need to do get a meter & investigate electrical in the water as i haven't dug there yet

Back
Top Bottom