2nd Anemone ID please

Reaction score
Hi again everyone.

I purchased this anemone from a lfs last week, it was looking very bad and was really the size of a R5 coin, I know I should probably not have bought it but but I wanted to save it.

I know its a bubble tip but can anyone give a more accurate ID please?

It's looking much better now and Im surprised at its size.

DSCN1490.JPG

I'm going to try spell it without googling it. :p Entacmaea quadricolor.

@CheriS Well thats a let down, here I am thinking I have something special :blush: thats just under normal white light though, it looks WAY more spectacular when the Actinics are on, I shall call it my STARBURST BTA it sounds cooler :lol:

Ill try to get a photo under actinics tonight and post it here too.

Thanks @viper357

Haha! Do not underestimate green bta's. They can become stunners

That's a nice one. I want a nice green one.
They are the more common one to come across.

Mine went from this

IMG-20140226-WA003-1.jpg

To this. Yes under actinic but you get the idea..

20140728_190746.jpg

Also got one the size of a R5 two weeks ago. Mine seems to have purple tips though. Was pretty messed up with a couple of tentacles looking as if it was chowed of by something.

771aca3379ec4748a326fa716f517a1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tentacles that look chowed usually means it recently split :) @jacohall
If it has purple tips it will look awesome when it's bigger!

Feeling pretty stupid, but is there any chance this might be a Majano? Just saw an article on another thread and looks quite similar.

Feeling pretty stupid, but is there any chance this might be a Majano? Just saw an article on another thread and looks quite similar.

Just had a look on Google and it does look very like Majano.

@CheriS your BTA looks awesome! Do the tips still inflate?

@jacohall yours is also very nice! Going to look great when it gets bigger. I also daw the post about the majano ID and also thought that it looked like a BTA to me too!!! So I really dont know :)

Excuse the bad cellphone pics but this is what it looked like at the store.
9a8c603b318449d80b1058a44c85a5ef.jpg

This is after a few minutes in my tank, it seems to have pink or orange tips, I cant decide.
94c10e443bfbbed1148b6ee73925ee2b.jpg

Ill probably get stoned but I did not acclimate him at all, pulled him out the bag and dumped into tank, I just held it in place until it attached. I read that they dont need acclimation as they are sometimes completely exposed in low tide areas. I probably took a chance yes but he is looking awesome and was within a few minutes of being introduced already more than double its size.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack @Jacojs. This is what I am hoping it is!

acf4983548803af0ef2d9571d43f0d6d.jpg

I like the green ones! Yours looks great!

No problem @jacohall that is a DAMN nice specimen!!! If yours turn out to look like this let me know ;)

You'll soon see anyway. They don't grow much larger than 3cm. Majano tend to have more tentacles inward and more color on the disc

Back
Top Bottom