2m Reef Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this type of ad before, but here goes :-

2m Complete Setup
I'm selling my complete setup. For various reasons, I need to make the space in the house and I am not finding the time to do the necessary tank maintenance, so I have made the difficult decision to get out of the hobby, even if only for a while.

The setup includes:-

• Tank 2000 x 600 x 600mm - 10mm glass.
  • Stand - 25mm square tubing - Powder Coated
  • Canopy. Lights separated from the 'saltwater elements' by glass. Three fans in the hood with extraction system to extract the warm moist air out the house. Helps prevent heat buildup in the room.
  • Lights. 2 x 150w MH (Venture). 4 x t8 actinics (1.2m). Two channel digital timer
  • Sump. 1200 x 450 x 400. DSB / refugium in centre compartment. Three heaters (I forget the wattages). Berlin Classic Skimmer with Eheim 1060 feeding it. King 5 return pump. Electronic auto top-up with high level sensor capability. DIY Kalkwasser reactor connected to auto top-up. Carbon "reactor" Aqua Medic. Small UV Steriliser.
  • I guess about close to 100kg of rock. A mixture of locally collected Sandstone, local live rock, ceramic fake rock and imported live rock.
  • External DSB with AM aragonite (+-200mm deep)
  • 2 x Seio 1100's and 1 x Ocean Runner circulating in tank. 2 x SCWDs on return piping.
  • A pile of assorted extras that have been retired from active service at some stage.
  • Livestock - Star polyps - Green ; 2 x rose colrals ; Frogspawn ; Hammer coral ; 3 small toadstool leathers ; zooanthids - green, brown ; Elephant ears - green striped, brown, purple ; 1 x Blue Pete ; 1 x Mandarin ; 1 Carpet Anemone.
  • Water holding containers - 5 x 200l
  • Water transport tank - 1000l
I'm sure that there is something that I've left out.

I do not want to sell off items individually, I want the whole thing gone.

Purchaser to arrange transport.

Tank is in the Hillcrest / Kloof area in Durban.

Make me an offer on the lot - First offer that seems reasonable takes it. Opportunity for someone to get the lot for a good price!

Des

Please pm me your number would like to come see the tank

its so sad to see so many people leaving the hobby :(

its so sad to see so many people leaving the hobby
It does suck, but I enjoy buying all the good quality cheapies:razz:
I mean you got a Tunze skimmer for R500 bucks:thumbup:

If you do sell seperatly for what ever reason, I would be interested in the following:

2 x Seio 1100's and 1 x Ocean Runner circulating in tank. 2 x SCWDs on return piping.

So I have first dibs if you do happen to sell seperatly...

Hi Des live around the corner from you, but dont have shares in ABSA bank. Can you give me an idea (ball park ) of the price that you will settle for.

Hi Des - I agree- it is sad to see so many people leaving the hobby.

Even though it is off-topic (I apologize for this) I think that the economy has a LOT to do with it....

In any case - good luck!

Hey Des, sorry to hear you getting out, but knowing you like i do, i will bet it wont be for long.

Hi Des live around the corner from you, but dont have shares in ABSA bank. Can you give me an idea (ball park ) of the price that you will settle for.

Kevin

If I could get R6-R7K for the lot, I'd be happy to let it go. (but I'm open to negotiations) There's going to be building happening over where the tank is now, and I can't bear to think about the consequences of a hammer falling on the tank.

Also, priorities change. I just don't have the time for the tank anymore.

Des

Bump

Nobody keen to pick up a bargain?

I will not reject any reasonable offer to takee the whole lot.

Des

please send me your number iv got a buyer for me

Hi there. Tank sold yet, want to buy it. Please let me no a.s.a.p. Do u have any pics and where can i contact u.

Hein Stander

still waiting on your number

Dewd, Live in the hillcrest area, I am looking for a new tank. My offer is R7000 ?

I am seldom online so call me on 083 779 24 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom