Item name AND Location.
2m 1500L system Fourways (JHB)

Shipping or Collection or Both?

Can collect

Price
R15,000

Full description.
Full detailed description in second post of thread. Basic details as follows
Tank: 2000X1100X670 includes plumbing, jump covers, stand and cabinetry. (R13,000)
Sump: 3000X800 on 400mm high stand. (R2,000)

NO OTHER HARDWARE included in asking price.
A bulk deal can be made should you wish to include items such as the 1500mm Vertex LED, flow pumps, heaters and return pump to make up a full running setup.

NO LIVESTOCK included but could be added to a bulk deal.

Tank will be kept running until I can find a buyer. Once tank is sold other items such as livestock will be advertised.

Photos of actual Items for sale.

Tank Complete.jpg

Side cabinet.jpg

Top open.jpg

Jump covers.jpg

Plumbing.jpg

Sump complete.jpg

Sump holding plumbing.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tank specifications

2000mm long X 1100mm front to back X 670mm high

12mm starfire on all 3 viewing panels with black silicone. One or two fine scratches but not that noticeable.

30mm floating base with 30mm eurobracing on top. No cross braces in middle which makes working in the tank easy. 3 separate jump covers that fits inside the bracing.

Skinny overflow across the back panel with 2 X 50mm drains and 2 X 32mm integrated return lines on the sides of the back panel all connected from the bottom which makes the tank sit nice and close to a wall. Overflow length is about 1600mm. 50mm Gate valve (as used on reef octopus skimmers) to dial the overflow in to make it completely silent.

Plumbing is all dark grey PVC for the professional look and can easily be reconfigured due to numerous ballvalves in the design.

Plumbing can be configured either for a sump behind the tank (as it is used currently) in a separate room or for a sump underneath with very little effort.

Stand is 50mm square tubing and is 900mm high coated in hammerite with no rust spots. Space inside stand can for a sump of 1900 X 1000.

Removable melamine panels which clips to the stand for easy removal and have no water damage. Separate cabinet for electrics and general fishtank stuff.

Sump

Total sump measures 3000mm long by 800 wide on a stand which is 400mm high made from 32mm tubing Stand has some rust but no structural issues. Sump consists of a 2200mm X 800mm section which is on a single 10mm base and has a 1500mm X 600mm X 380mm sump with 4 inline filter socks (removable) and massive 900X600 middle chamber. Attached to the sump is a 700X800mm tank which can be used as a frag tank or a holding tank and plumbed to be fed by main tank return pump and it drains back into the sump’s return chamber. Can also be used to do water changes and holds about 180L. Sides of sump is 6mm.

Also on the stand is a separate 6mm 800X800X380 tank with a 10mm base which is used as the RO reservoir. Holds enough water to last at least a week on the system during peak summer months. This tank can be removed from the stand and the stand can then be made smaller if you don’t have enough space for a 3m long stand.

Reaction score
Hey Marius , Are you upgrading or breaking down?
Would be keen on all the Livestock when ready. Let me know.

Reaction score
I had the privilege of seeing that system and must say I agree that its a sad day. This hobby is not for sissies. GLWS Marius, I'm sure you will be back

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
Truly a sad day, your previous tank was an inspiration when I hit a low point in the hobby a few years ago.

Reaction score
If i can find a buyer for the tank and stand only then yes. Unfortunately cant sell sump on its own while tank is running as i dont have an alternative sump to put underneath.

So tank can be taken without sump.

Reaction score
Bump for a well built, large tank in excellent condition. The new price (if you dont DIY it) for a tank this size and quality is more than double the asking price.

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
If only I had the time and willpower to upgrade at this stage, the wider tank really makes a big difference, much easier to scape and looks more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.