29g Tank ideas

Fishy Steve

Hiden super user
Reaction score
I currently have a 29g tank running. have not added anything as yet, its just water and salt. No substrate nothing. I'm looking for some livestock suggestions. Would like a predator like a fuzzy dwarf lionfish or something of the sort if I can find one but not sure the tank is big enough. The measurements are 76x40x45cm. If its big enough would he have to be a loner or could I add something else with him? If it ain't big enough are there any suggestions as to what else would be cool in a fish only?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Steve - A fish that you should be able to keep is a Marine Betta/Comet. It is also a predator, and does not require a LOT of space. BUT, it does like hiding. Mine has only now started to show itself (after it being in my tank for about 4 months now).

The most common Nano tanks have clown-fish in them, or alternatively blennies of all sorts - they all do not require a lot of swimming space...

Perhaps a few types of shrimp? As long as you don't get fish that like's to eat shrimp, that is :)

Perhaps something like a royal gramma, or even fire-gobies - they do not require a lot of swimming space either (they mostly stay in one spot in any tank).

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
There's the most awesome fuzzy drawf lionfish at Jungle Pet Zone - feeding so well! Saw him put a molly in there and the lionfish went straight for it, was over in seconds! Really cool to watch!

Fishy Steve

Hiden super user
Reaction score
i'm in cape town