29g Tank ideas

Discussion in 'Fish Only Tanks, Predator Tanks' started by Fishy Steve, 9 Jan 2008.

1. Fishy Steve

Fishy Steve Hiden super user

I currently have a 29g tank running. have not added anything as yet, its just water and salt. No substrate nothing. I'm looking for some livestock suggestions. Would like a predator like a fuzzy dwarf lionfish or something of the sort if I can find one but not sure the tank is big enough. The measurements are 76x40x45cm. If its big enough would he have to be a loner or could I add something else with him? If it ain't big enough are there any suggestions as to what else would be cool in a fish only?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Steve - A fish that you should be able to keep is a Marine Betta/Comet. It is also a predator, and does not require a LOT of space. BUT, it does like hiding. Mine has only now started to show itself (after it being in my tank for about 4 months now).

The most common Nano tanks have clown-fish in them, or alternatively blennies of all sorts - they all do not require a lot of swimming space...

Perhaps a few types of shrimp? As long as you don't get fish that like's to eat shrimp, that is :)

Perhaps something like a royal gramma, or even fire-gobies - they do not require a lot of swimming space either (they mostly stay in one spot in any tank).

4. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

There's the most awesome fuzzy drawf lionfish at Jungle Pet Zone - feeding so well! Saw him put a molly in there and the lionfish went straight for it, was over in seconds! Really cool to watch!

5. Fishy Steve

Fishy Steve Thread Starter Hiden super user

i'm in cape town

Recent Posts