25l containers

Reaction score
25l containers Wanted

howzit guys,

does anyone have a couple(10-12)of those white 25l containers that you're not using anymore lying around?

I want to use them for water changes NSW.:)

shots

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi andreas, R60 is a good bargin, think id check this out on the weekend, are they clear plastic?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
There's a place in Cape Town (Bellville) called "Drum and Container" which sells 1000 litre containers for around R700... There must be a similar place in Durbs? They even deliver it to you. The plastic container is marine water safe (Liaquat uses them in his "marine lab" in Milnerton)..... You can keep this on a trailer if you want to, use it as a permanent salt water storage or even a HUGE sump ;-)

Reaction score
why not just buy a 500L drum with a big ass power head in it and use salt?
if you're going to sponsor me salt for cheap, hell yeah!

There's a place in Cape Town (Bellville) called "Drum and Container" which sells 1000 litre containers for around R700... There must be a similar place in Durbs? They even deliver it to you. The plastic container is marine water safe (Liaquat uses them in his "marine lab" in Milnerton)..... You can keep this on a trailer if you want to, use it as a permanent salt water storage or even a HUGE sump ;-)
good idea but the reason why i settled on the 70l is that it is easier to transport from the sea.

Reaction score
Beware container source and contents!

There's a place in Cape Town (Bellville) called "Drum and Container" which sells 1000 litre containers for around R700... There must be a similar place in Durbs? They even deliver it to you. The plastic container is marine water safe (Liaquat uses them in his "marine lab" in Milnerton)..... ;-)

Polyoak manufacture these"jerry-cans/oil-drums" , but 20L is their standard.
Look them up, and/or ask for a reseller closest to you.

I do NOT source my 1000L flowbins from the above company, and cannot vouch for their safety in use.

I SOURCE my flowbins from industrial facilities.
I have them thoroughly cleaned,treated and prepared in accordance with their original content material.

THEN they are pretested with bioindicator species BEFORE allowing their use .

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies Liaquat - I was not aware that there was more than one supplier of those 1000 litre containers, with the metal frame around them. When I was researching this for my brother-in-law, the only supplier that I found in the greater Cape Town area was "Drum and Container" - I am not 100% sure about this, but I think that they actually manufacture those containers.
And according to them, these containers I am referring to (which look nearly exactly the same as yours) are indeed food safe, chemical safe, and safe for storing water for human consumption - as these containers are also used in rural areas for water storage units - according to the "Drum and Container".

BUT - I was incorrect in stating that that's where you got yours from. I made the big mistake of assumption.......

In any case Andreas - perhaps you can go through your local Yellow Pages, and see if any similar industrial company like "Drum and Container" exists in Durbs, and contact them yourself to see if they could perhaps supply the exact drums that you are looking for (I think for your specific use then, as you explained) that 60 or 70 litre drums would be far better, as they are still movable, and should not take up TOO much space.
I am QUITE sure that you should be able to get them cheaper at an Industrial / manufacturer than at Makro....