25l clownfish tank

Reaction score
so i had this idea of a tiny system about 25l
  • 2 or 3 kg of figi rock
  • 2x 24w t5s as lighting
  • calurpa to kepp po4 in check
  • 1 little clownfish
  • lots and lots of local zoo's!:thumbup:
the lighting would be more than enough! 48w of lighting in a 25cm deep tank, want the zoo's to go wild. with water changes i will use the water i take out from my big tank and place it in there, kill to birds with 1 bullet or something along those lines:lol:

no skimmer, going the "natural method". cant wait to see how this one turns out.

well here it is. built the stand today, its not finished yet. hopefully will be full by tommorow.

the stand, needs to be painted still

29092008.jpg

tank on the stand, still have to put a shelf between the stands legs
29092008001.jpg

tell me what you think and any suggestions are welcome

looks really good .... i am running natural method sort of...no sump no skimmer ...your idea will work well....10% water change every two weeks and enough flow and trouble free reefing....think abt using aqua organic range ...works well for my system .....stain it dark brown using tinted varnish ..looks unusual like a dark wood finish ....good luck witht he rest of it :thumbup:

my idea with just the one clownfish is to keep it at a low bio load and still have the plesure of looking at some awsum local zoo's.

Keep us updated....

I personally love small tanks, but my ideal aquarium will have lots of small hand selected pieces of live rock and 1 flame goby or 1 bicolor goby or 1 green chromis or 1 yellow head black and white barred goby or .. or .. or

Go for it I am sure if you keep a careful eye it will work.

Keep us updated....

I personally love small tanks, but my ideal aquarium will have lots of small hand selected pieces of live rock and 1 flame goby or 1 bicolor goby or 1 green chromis or 1 yellow head black and white barred goby or .. or .. or

Go for it I am sure if you keep a careful eye it will work.

Hey Moolis

Give us a pic of that small beauty you have in your shop ;)

just finished the stand. will paint it tomorrow.

i dont know about the clown any more, i want a small maroon clown as that was my 1st ever fish i kept. but a fire goby may be more attracktive, or maybe 2 clown gobys as they dont get bigger than 3cm.

whats my limit to keep in this tank, size wise?
clowns or gobys
thats about it?

4 yellows, then they could make their own flow in the tank, no need for a power head:lol:

but it will be an open top tank, scared they might jump out.

Ok no to Firegobys then. Those fish are hoppers. I would say a clown fish.
By the way my Maroon clown jumped out of my small 600 cube :(

a clown jumping! thats a first. mine didnt even swim away when i had to catch them, silly buggers!

ok clown it is. now to choose between a maroon clown or a clarkii clown...

Last edited:
A small Maroon :thumbup:

52848e142025644b.jpg

Picasso clowns are not available locally. And they often fetch $200 a fish in the states!

Back
Top Bottom